• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortimer Clarke Attachment of Earnings for 13 year old CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortimer Clarke Attachment of Earnings for 13 year old CCJ

In 2008 I was in a financial mess, and had a CCJ for Northern Rock of 14k granted, which was later converted into a Charging Order. In 2009, the house got repossessed, and I was hit with a mortgage shortfall of 65k. I did not respond either to the shortfall letter or the Charging Order, which I assume became unsecured after the sale, as I also lost my job then.

I have recently received a letter stating that Marlin V Europe had 'obtained' a CCJ against me, and an attachment of earnings order will be requested for payment of the CCJ. Is it possible for an attachment of earnings to be granted for a CCJ that was turned into a secured loan then became unsecured in 2009? I have never written or replied to any letters, and the CCJ was for the full amount owed, giving no opportunity for payment to be made.

Mortimer Clarke have the CCJ, but this was for Northern Rock and not Marlin. Are they able to switch the organization that was granted the CCJ, or do they need to go to court for this? I have also read that a CCJ older than 6 years requires a court permission to enforce, but have also seen articles that contradict this - not sure where I stand with this part either, or the Charging order that I assume was unpaid after the sale.

I am unsure if I should write to them now or wait until the actual action is taken - anyone know if I can dispute an Attachment of Earnings order once applied for or is this not possible?

Thanks in advance,

1NDEBT

Tags: None

Mortimer Clarke / Marlin / ME111/ Cabot. And various other names are the same crowd, just move the tables.

Comment

Any advice on what to do?

Comment

Sorry I am not that knowledgeable on this, I would contact one of the charitable debt agencies NOT CAB

Comment

spend some time looking around the site of other people ,lowells experience and see how things operate. do not talk to lowells unless advised here.

Comment

Thanks. I have so far ignored all letters from MCS on this so hopefully if an application is made I will get the chance to contest it based on what I can see in other posts.

I will provide an update as soon as I have one, and will wait for any advice provided as above.

Comment

The statute of limitations is normally six years but for a mortgage it is twelve years.

It would be helpful if you obtained a copy of your credit file, then maybe you could tell us more.

Comment

Thanks.

My credit file has no reference to the old CCJ / CO or the original debt that it was based on. There is also nothing recorded in Trust Online either at the repossessed address or at my current address for Marlin V Europe. I do have CCJ's that are being paid, and only these show up in my credit file and Trust online report.

Comment

I'm in a similar situation with 7 yr old mortgage shortfall with money order and am considering my options.

Any update on your situation?

Comment

Originally posted by jack View Post
                    I'm in a similar situation with 7 yr old mortgage shortfall with money order and am considering my options.

Any update on your situation?
                    old thread start one of your own for advice?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X