• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CJJ Setting Aside help/advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CJJ Setting Aside help/advice

Hello, I was hoping to get some advice from your knowledgeable selves.
    On 24/01/2019 I had a CCJ recorded against my name due to an outstanding payment on a bike to work scheme from a company I worked for in 2010.
    I never received any communication to be aware that the payment was ever outstanding as I would of paid it immediately as the amount was £401.
    I had moved and travelled a lot between then and when I finally received anything which was in 2019 and in the form of a CCJ claim form.
    At the time of receiving this form I was in and out of hospital, medically signed off and on a lot of medication, upon receiving I panicked and responded immediately but apparently did not complete the form properly or in full.
    The next I heard was from a solicitors advising I need to arrange a payment plan, they requested bank statements and proof of no income they advised to pay £10 a month.
    Again not thinking and with everything I was going through health wise I just set the payment up to be paid.
    (I wasn’t aware until recently that if the claim was paid within the month it also would have a different outcome which I wasn’t made aware of)
    In June 2020 payments were completed and I was advised that they would contact the court an that would be it.
    It’s not until since being in current remission and applying for a job that I was made aware of the satisfied CCJ being on my credit file.
    I’ve contacted the solicitors to query as didn’t think that was going to happen, they were fully aware of my medical condition and situation at the time of contacting me and that the processes of next steps or my options were never provided to me. I have all communication via email to back it all up.
    After reviewing some of the threads on here and trying to work out if I do have a chance of getting this reviewed and removed I’ve gone back to see if they’ll consent to setting aside the claim, which they have agreed to.
    On terms as below..
    “Given the debt has been paid and on the basis that there is no attempt by you to recover those sums, Claimant would consent to an order setting aside the judgment on the basis that there is no order as to costs. Claimant would however not pay the fee in relation to the consent order, nor draft any relevant order or application. It would be for you to take those steps forward. In the event that you wish to move forward with this, please provide a draft consent order for review.”
    I’m abit lost on next steps or if I have a chance of having this removed at all. My GP has advised they can provide any documentation needed to help to support this but any advise from yourselves would be hugely appreciated.
    Thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X