• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Aged debts and a charge order - looking for some help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aged debts and a charge order - looking for some help

Hi I am looking for some advice about some debts and a charge order added over 6 years ago. I am looking to move house soon and want to get everything sorted as I am in a better position than I was back then. If anyone can offer any advice it would be much appreciated.

1: Aged debts/Lowell
    I have around 7 Lowell debts from around 8 years ago that I pay £1 a month towards, all of them are under £500 each with one being around £650. None of these show on my credit file but obviously show on bank statements to potential lenders. I want to call and get these paid off in a lump sum for them all, what is the typical % amount they will accept or should I push for in terms of a % reduction? I know they will want to get them paid in full or close to full but I am unsure what the standard is and how to negotiate it properly with them.

2: Charge order
    I have a "Equitable charge created by an interim charging order" from cabot financial from 2015 (I think I know what this was, CCJ came off in Jan this year) but the charge order still remains on the land registry search I did, I didn't reply to the charge order at the time or attend any hearings (was in a pretty bad place at the time) and didn't take it seriously. I understand that once the house is sold they will get the amount back in any equity made? the problem is that the potential buyers will see this in the land registry search and will put them off.

How easy is this to get removed? I assume just a call to cabot to pay this off and then ask the land registry to confirm with them? Is it possible to get this debt written off at a reduced rate also or best to pay off in full?

If anyone can help me, I would very much appreciate it.
    Thanks
    Last edited by JWillshire; 26th June 2021, 01:53:AM.
    Tags: None

Aged debts - you could make F&F settlement offer from 30% upward. Start low and go from there, don't expect to get it wrapped up in a single communication. Best done by email to keep record.
    The charging order would not be publicly viewable in a way that would cause issues with a sale. Don't let this element stress you out, it would be payed by solicitors dealing with any sale and should not be a concern.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X