• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

N244 Application Notice of Hearing asking me to email them

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N244 Application Notice of Hearing asking me to email them

Hi thanks to the amazing advice here i have gone through with a N244 for debt i do not owe.

I got a letter back from the court which i have attached to this post . The court is asking me to email them no less than 3 days before the hearing a reading list of documents etc .I'm really unsure what to they need

Is there a template for this or could anyone give any advice
    Cheers

Edit i'm unable to add the attachment
    Tags: None

Anyone know please

Comment

Why can't you add the attachment? Need to see the order so we know what the judge is asking for.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hello when i tried to add to my original post it said i was not authorized .I have tried to attach again
        Attached Files

Comment

Anyone here?

Comment

Are you or the other parties legally represented?
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
              Are you or the other parties legally represented?
              Hi no it's just me against Lowell . I requested CCA etc from them last year they sent me all these yesterday a week before the hearing which magically appeared .

Which i put in another thread here
              https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...-to-email-them

Comment

Does anyone know what I need to email from this letter?

Comment

Bump

Comment

So you are saying Lowell are not legally represented and your currently dealing with an employee of the business? That would be news to me as I’m fairly sure Lowell have their own in house solicitors. Are you absolutely certain they do not have a legal department acting on their behalf?

LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Sorry thought you meant me, The claimant is Lowell. There is one of there Solicitors on the original claim and a different one of the documents they sent me last week.
                      ​​​​​It says there position is Paralegal.

Comment

The court order says if you are unrepresented then it is the first named representative who must prepare the bundle and reading list - this is why its important to read the order carefully.

I would suggest you reach out to Lowell and point out that you are not represented and therefore the onus is on them to prepare the trial bundle and reading list. As the court expects co-operation from both parties to agree the trial bundle, it would be prudent to send a draft index of the bundle via email sufficiently in advance to enable you to consider any additions or amends.

It is not uncommon for other sides to be uncooperative when preparing the trial bundle so I would absolutely not rely on them to take the reigns. If you feel like you are not getting anywhere then you should really consider making an application to the court to sanction Lowell for non-compliance. Ideally, you should make your own draft list of documents/cases/other materials written out so you know what should be included in the bundle as well as the reading list.

On the flip side, debt purchasers such as Lowell tend to work on tight margins for court proceedings so unless its worth their while and they reckon they have a good chance of winning, they could discontinue the claim since it would be too much work for them to prepare but I would not take that as a given.
                        LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X