• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Documents not received after CCA request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documents not received after CCA request

Hi.

Received a short application form (capital one) instead of a credit agreement from the claimant. Could this hold up in court as a credit agreement in accordance with sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974?

Also requested for documents since 16/4/21 and non have arrived apart from the short application .form which was signed in 2004.. This has long gone past 12 days.for a request for documents. Could anyone tell me what I should do next please as the matter is being allocated to the small track claims court

Tags: None

Celestine

Comment

Does the application have your signature on and the key terms? Are they legible? What lender?
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
        Does the application have your signature on and the key terms? Are they legible? What lender?
        CapitalOneApplication.pdf

Yes my signature is on it and the document is legible, I would say there are no key terms but there are some confusing statements. It states it's a short application form then in the area where I sign it states it's a credit agreement. For more clarification I have attached the form and removed all personal data for your perusal.
        Thank you for your comments.

Comment

I have taken a look at that attached document and I'm happy to confirm that it is just an application sheet. The terms and conditions are mentioned as a separate document but not attached. Sometimes you get the 'key terms' on such documents. Key terms are the essentials like interest rate, cancellation, payment dates etc - None of those are on this document so this document does not comply with your request under s.78 CCA.
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
            I have taken a look at that attached document and I'm happy to confirm that it is just an application sheet. The terms and conditions are mentioned as a separate document but not attached. Sometimes you get the 'key terms' on such documents. Key terms are the essentials like interest rate, cancellation, payment dates etc - None of those are on this document so this document does not comply with your request under s.78 CCA.

Thank you. that's good news. and thank you very much for your time. Much appreciated.
            Last edited by Shooe; 8th June 2021, 21:33:PM.

Comment

Hi.

I've received an amended claim from the claimants by email. - 22nd July. This was sent after the court sent a letter that if I the defendant was not made to understand what the case is about it would be struck out by the 27th. The amended claim has some exhibits stated below:

1. The credit application I mentioned before has now been exhibited on the amended claim
              2. A letter of assignment claiming to be from capital one written to me in 2006 (I'm not aware of receiving this)
              3. A statement of account that does not make any sense to me. (This is the first time I'm seeing it)
              The statement only shows the card was used to pay for things in stores and was last used in 20012. The claimant states the The Account relates to an agreement between Capital One but what is said to be the agreement is the application form as discussed before
              There is no evidence of correspondence between lowell and my self neither is there anything showing that I made any payment to lowell so I'm abit confused as to what the claimants are trying to prove.

I also thought that exhibits were to be shown in the witness statement but claimants have put exhibits in the amended claim.

(a) Does this mean there would be no witness statement?
              (b) Am I to respond to the amended claim as an amended defence since the exhibits were not in the original claim?
              (c) If I'm to respond to the amended claim how much time do I have because claimants were given up till 27th which is next week Tuesday and I only got the amended claim by email on the 22nd
              (d) since the last payment shown on the statement which seems to be an excel sheet was in 2012 and there has been no payment or correspondence between myself and Lowell can I send a letter of statute bar to the claimant and also mention this in the new defence if I'm supposed to send an amended defence?

Claimant also stated in the email via their solicitor that they are still willing to come to an arrangement but I'm not sure what arrangement that could possibly be when I can't see any link that they have with the alleged debt.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Comment

might be wrong but I think it may be their last attempt before withdrawing as they probably know they have no case, if all you state above is fact i.e.:- no proper documents etc etc fingers crossed??? sending by E-Mail:_??? un professional.! lowells try this till last moment before they withdraw (Discontinue) or loose their deposit. look out for their next move? no speaking to them !for now!

Comment

Yes I did think sending me the amended particulars of claim by Email was a bit dodgy. Thanks for your response and guidance.
                  Much appreciated.

Comment

pt2537 Just checking if/when amended defence required?

Comment

Thank you for your message. Apologies I've just seen it,
                      I was not sent any information about making an amended defence I just received the amended claim from the claimant's lawyer by email. However I used the defence sample given on the platform for my defence which is quite detailed and still seems to cover everything including the fact that it is statute barred and that the document (application form) not having the terms of the contract according to S.77 or 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 because there were two documents added to the amended claim - (1) the application form which I signed as seen by you and also (2) What seems to be a random Word or Excel document showing that I paid for things in the shop with the card up till 2012 and the claimant seems to be emphasizing on assignment in the amended particular of claim. So I'm not too sure what I could have amended in my defense unless you have any suggestions which I would most welcome.
                      Also I wondered if the court was to inform me of anything about the amendment. I really don't have much clue as to what's going on with the case or what to expect next.
                      Last edited by Shooe; 30th July 2021, 23:37:PM.

Comment

Ok, then the only thing your defence does not explicitly state is that the document supplied by them under s.78 CCA is not compliant by virtue of the fact it contains none of the key terms. This could be covered off by you in a witness statement rather than amending the defence; which as you correctly say, covers the key points. Have you written an open letter (Do not put 'without prejudice) to the opponent informing them that you disagree this document complies? If not, I would and then you can add that to your witness statement later also.

Comment

OK. I will do.

Thank you.

Comment

[QUOTE=Shooe;n1585894]

Hi,
                            Anyone , I would appreciate some help if I can get it today. I received the witness statement from Lowell's. The hearing is the 3rd of March and I only received it on the 11th of Feb does this mean if I am correct I must submit my witness statement by tomorrow because I only have 14 days before the hearing? or are weekends included in this. Also another important question is the credit card application that was sent to me earlier has now changed. The claimant's have now added some terms and conditions to it by typing it up at the back of the credit card application form that I signed to look as if it was part of the credit card application form and has also added some additional pages of terms and conditions to it. All this I was not aware of until I saw it in their witness statement also added to this is the fact that they came out with some typed up statement showing that I had made payments to them which I am not aware of . I don't understand the statement but I do know that I never dealt with them directly. There was a time I was with payplan I don't know if some contact had been made by them but the claimants have never mentioned pay plan in their claim or witness statement. Could you please give me any suggestions if necessary.
                            Thank you in advance.

Comment

I hope you submitted the witness statement and mentioned the very late supply of new T&Cs.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X