• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hoist Finance/Howard Cohen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All,

ive just come home to a letter from hoist offering me a settlement fee out of court for less than the claim. I’m guessing this is a good sign?

Comment

That would depend on the settlement amount. It would be usual for them to offer discounts to get the case closed, it doesn’t necessarily mean they are concerned about the strength of their claim. 2015 is a fairly newish account and it would be odd for the documents to be missing. Is there any chance this is identity theft? What does your credit file say?
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi Celestine, sorry for the late reply. To be honest, it is likely my account, i just think they put the wrong address on the documents. What should I do from this point? I still haven’t had a court date. Im just getting myself into a better financial position at the moment and having to pay them a huge chunk of money each month will leave me back where I started

Comment

You can only escape these accounts if there are flaws in CCA or it has become time barred with no court claim issued, (which stops the clock)
          It is still worth a thorough look at your credit file to be sure. Common names can get mixed up and the debt companies ‘search teams’ do make mistakes.
          If they are not mistaken and you are satisfied that any errors are trivial, then ultimately a settlement would be your best bet to finally resolve this chapter of your financial life.
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi Celestine,

thank you, I will do that. Obviously don’t want a CCJ so would rather negotiate at this point if it is my account. Will I have to pay a lot of money?

Comment

Celestine Hi Celestine, ive recurved the DSAR back from Lloyds and unfortunately it looks as if everything checks out with the credit agreement. What is my best plan of action now please? The letter hoist sent me with the smaller settlement fee, the date I could accept has since passed. Very worried and stressed and not sure what to do now. I’ve still not received a court date but I will now likely lose

Comment

CCAs have to contain all the correct features?? when did you take it out and where?

small settlement fee sent can you please be more specific as vague answers can be wrongly given? and in a lot of cases they try to see if you panic and pay something you do not have to???

Comment

MIKE770 Hi Mike, thanks for coming back so quick. It was a loan that I took out online in feb 2015, as a top up to another Lon I originally had with Lloyds. They offered (to the nearest 100) a £4500 settlement, original claim to the nearest 100 is 7000. Trying not to panic but it’s obviously a lot of money

Comment

are you able to negotiate or come to an agreement with them> ? i.e:- do you have the monies to negotiate a counter offer??

Comment

MIKE770 Not in a lump sum unfortunately, monthly I could do something but I don’t want to cripple myself. The deadline they gave me to accept their first reduced offer has now passed. I also don’t want to do anything over the phone, can it be done over email? I’d like to make sure I have everything in writing. I still don’t have any court date either so am I better to hold out a little longer or just deal with it head on now?

Comment

see what Celestine if agrees a "Tomlin Order" would be better (as long as payments agreed made no court CCJ) negotiate with the solicitors once Celestine has commented on here! gives a peace of mind!

Comment

MIKE770 thank you that’s great I will see what Celestine says

Comment

4500 settlement mid way through a court claim is not bad if I'm honest. Is that a lump sum payment though?
                            The settlement must be affordable, there is no point agreeing to £200 per month if you cannot afford it. A Tomlin order will be how the settlement is arranged if you do agree one with them.

Comment

Celestine Thanks Celestine, do you think I should open negotiations via email ASAP in that case?

Comment

Hi Michael - Yes probably less stressful than telephoning. Although their call handlers are meant to be highly trained and professional, they will still push for a deal that suits them. The reason they are trying for settlements is due to the pandemic causing huge delays till final hearings. All the debt companies have been trying to wrap up claims quickly.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X