• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Impending court case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impending court case

Hello everyone

I have a impending small claims court case, I stupidly didn’t form a proper defence in November because I was awaiting CCA request and a CPR31.14 request documents which never came back so in my defence I claimed I couldn’t give a defence until those documents were sent to myself.

it is with Barclaycard with Hoist finance and Howard Cohen, the claim is for about £5000 which I have no chance of paying off and the time of building the debt I was off work with depression splitting up with my daughters mum etc and being cut off from her but now life has sorted itself this has resurfaced and my now partner is worried sick they will take everything out the house.

I have sent SAR request to Barclays just received letter that they’d be in touch no later than 1st June and just received paperwork and files from the claimant and now will have to produce my paperwork defence for this court date on 14th June I’ve put my head in the sand too long now and I know I’ve left it very late but any advice would be appreciated

Tags: None

Here’s some photos I was under impression that I should of been served with default notice but not once have I been served with one
    Attached Files

Comment

I put in CCA request and CPR request in December but did not receive anything back till February March time

Comment

I realise I messed up with defence etc but is there anyway out of this now or has it gone too far any help would be appreciated

Comment

where is the CCA? that is just a record of an event, did you get a proper agreement sent to you?

Comment

what paperwork have you received from the courts? if they have not sent the requested documents then they have a problem? also they may hope you give in before they have to discontinue before loosing their fees? all a bit vague so need to know real situation now not November? Des-8

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X