• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Overdale Solicitors county court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could be cheeky and send a letter offering £0.00, but agreeing not to pursue them for wasted costs if they discontinue the claim immediately!
    Offer open 14 days only

Comment

des8 MIKE770 i have a court date for dec 14th, honestly i have been stressed and depressed and unsure of what to do. Overdale sent me papers they intend to use in court which are basically just the 3-4mths statement, some default letters and court action letters. I was wondering if it would help if i went to the police station and received a letter for stolen identity? obviously i haven't taken out this contract and they're claiming i did. What will be my defense in court? It wasn't me? would that be enough?

Comment

Originally posted by DXE1 View Post
        des8 MIKE770 i have a court date for dec 14th, honestly i have been stressed and depressed and unsure of what to do. Overdale sent me papers they intend to use in court which are basically just the 3-4mths statement, some default letters and court action letters. I was wondering if it would help if i went to the police station and received a letter for stolen identity? obviously i haven't taken out this contract and they're claiming i did. What will be my defense in court? It wasn't me? would that be enough?
        Try not to get stressed, when you sent the SAR request did they provide the agreement and other documents (ID used to open the account)?

You should definitely lodge a complaint with the police.

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/a-...identity-theft

Comment

Did you receive a directions questionnaire?
          Have you received a witness statement from the other side?
          What did you put in your witness statement?

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

Try not to get stressed, when you sent the SAR request did they provide the agreement and other documents (ID used to open the account)?

You should definitely lodge a complaint with the police.

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/a-...identity-theft

they didn't send me anything back then as they said the contract wasn't taken out under something something agreement, can't remember the words they used. I can't remember when exactly but they then sent me statements as proof of liability.

des8 i received a questionnaire a while back asking if i wanted a mediator service and i ticked no and returned it. In the documenta sent to me last week from overdale, they included a witness statement, first time seeing it and i wasn't asked to fill one in before, so i dont have one. do i need one?

Comment

Your witness statement is your evidence.
              Have you kept copies of the documents sent you by the court?
              You should have a " Notice of allocation" which usually contains a direction saying by what date you need to exchange documents etc, including a witness statement.

Comment

So you can't establish how the contract was taken out?, whether in person at the store or over the internet digitally?

'they didn't send me anything back then as they said the contract wasn't taken out under something something agreement, can't remember the words they used. I can't remember when exactly but they then sent me statements as proof of liability.'

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                  Your witness statement is your evidence.
                  Have you kept copies of the documents sent you by the court?
                  You should have a " Notice of allocation" which usually contains a direction saying by what date you need to exchange documents etc, including a witness statement.
                  The only other letter i received from the court was the notice of allocation to the small claims track hearing. It just stated by which date the claimant had to pay the court trial fees and the date the hearing will take place. I have just noticed the part about the witness statements and such, i honestly did not read that far before and since the hearing is in 13days, looks like i have missed the deadline to submit a witness statement.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
                    So you can't establish how the contract was taken out?, whether in person at the store or over the internet digitally?

'they didn't send me anything back then as they said the contract wasn't taken out under something something agreement, can't remember the words they used. I can't remember when exactly but they then sent me statements as proof of liability.'
                    In their witness statement, they haven't stated how the contract was taken out and i have now missed the deadline to submit a witness statement, which means going to the police is useless

Comment

You sent a Defence which stated that you were awaiting documents from Overdale's, you requested information via SAR and 31.14 request, all they have sent is 'papers they intend to use in court which are basically just the 3-4mths statement, some default letters and court action letters.'

They still haven't established the account is yours.

Comment

Not reading the court notice is not going to be viewed as a valid excuse for not complying with instructions.

As you still have a few days prior to the hearing write it NOW and file & serve by email (noting that a hard copy follows) and post hard copies by first class post (get free certificates of posting from Post Office).... and hope

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                          Not reading the court notice is not going to be viewed as a valid excuse for not complying with instructions.

As you still have a few days prior to the hearing write it NOW and file & serve by email (noting that a hard copy follows) and post hard copies by first class post (get free certificates of posting from Post Office).... and hope
                          Agree.

Don't mention CCA requests at all.Mobile agreements aren't regulated by CCA 1974.

Example Witness Statement -

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ness-statement

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X