• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marston bAiliff - Northampton county court pcn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marston bAiliff - Northampton county court pcn

Hi all,

the bailiffs from Marston have turned up yesterday regarding a PCN that was sent on to Northampton county court.

I have only just learned on the PCN, it was addressed to the registered keeper who was not the driver at the time of the contravention. There seems to have been a clerical error at DVLA - we moved home last year in April, but it appears the address change was somehow missed so the PCN has been going to an old address. We recieved the first letter from Marston on 11th of April regarding the TFL PCN and asking for immediate payment. I called TfL and was advised to complete a PE2/PE3 form to TEC which I did immediately and had the registered keeper get this witnessed at the local courthouse.

since then, we heard nothing except an automated email from TEC. Yesterday, bailiff from TEC turns up, and clamps the vehicle parked in our driveway and demanded money. I told him I was the spouse of registered keeper and I use this vehicle solely and he could easily see the baby’s seat in the back. I then showed him the completed PE2/PE3 forms that were witnessed and the emails I sent to TEC. He removed the clamp and that was it. I Contacted TEC immediately and stated that I had bailiffs here and to find out how long till it gets to TFL. I was then told that the PE2 signature page was blurry and to resend it. I immediately sent this to TEC 3 minutes later.

today he turned up yet again and clamped the car as he says he has been advised that the TEC form has not been recieved and he can still enforce the clamping and taking the vehicle. I told him that I am driving the vehicle although I am not the registered keeper, I am the owner. I showed him my blue badge which was on drivers side pocket, and after 4 hours of me calling TEC, TFL and Marston, he said he would unclamped the car as a gesture of goodwill because of the blue badge but he doesn’t have to and that he will be back on Friday to take the car, “with or without blue badge and baby car seat” and that I need to keep chasing TEC.

I have an autoimmune disease which exacerbates severely with stress. During this time I was holding my 7 month old baby who was crying and hungry and I’m crying and he’s still just telling me I need to pay, despite me showing him o submitted the necessary paperwork.

he wanted my husband to come and to speak to him. I am xplained to him my husband was a doctor at the local hospital and he’s on call which means he is working till 9pm. He said “get him on the phone now”. He finally left me alone after I was in hysterics, but knocked on the door 2 mins thereafter to say he’ll be back with a tow truck or clamp on Friday, regardless of blue badge.

TfL have said they cannot tell Marston to back off until they recieve the TEC form as rhey have enforcement powers (I spoke to 8 different people from TFL). TEC said that TfL can do this and there’s nothing they can do and they can’t expedite my forms or anything and that I need to wait - it could take upto 72 hours apparently.

I am shattered and completely drained and exhausted to the point I have accidentally neglected my baby a few times from all the worry and stress. I can’t even ask anyone to help and look after my baby while I take a breather due to rules and no family living close by.

the fine was £323 and now the bailiff wants 585£. The PCN is related to a ulez charge - I thought I had autopay setup and as I never heard anything I assumed it was all fine, turns out autopay had expired, and I had just missed it. I, like everyone else, had a chaotic year last year with a house move, baby, working frontline and everything else in between.

can anyone give me any advice or even just some kind words or support. I feel shattered and devastated and so extremely stressed out. My health has deteriorated massively from today.

I have tonight transferred the ownership of both cars from registered keeper to me.

Thank you fir taking the time to read this
    Tags: None

Please check with the DVLA and the Council who issued the Blue Badge. I am sure that if you have a Blue Badge issued to you that car cannot be clamped or removed as it is your only means of transport.

Comment

Bailiffs can’t take all vehicles. The following are protected and can’t be taken into control:
      • A vehicle displaying a disabled badge, or which is obviously used by a disabled person

Comment

Why was it an error at DVLA. When you moved did you change your address on both the driving licences AND your V5 document?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X