• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Setting aside a CCJ I was unaware of - help!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting aside a CCJ I was unaware of - help!!

Hi there

My partner and I recently applied for an agreement in principle for a mortgage, when it came back as declined due to an unsatisfied CCJ. Absolutely mortified as we have never been declined credit, and working as a nurse and engineer, we did not think that would ever be the case.
    Upon realising as CCJ may be active on my name, I subscribed to Experian to see where it was coming from. Despite all my info and addresses being up to date on Experian, it was not showing on my credit report, or affecting my score. I then rang Experian who said that it is there however, 'in the background'. They informed the CCJ was registered July 2018 and is applied to the address of Flat 2, when I lived in Flat 1.
    I was given the case number and phoned Northampton County Court to find out who the claimant is. UK Car Park Management Ltd is the claimant, and they instructed a parking fine in May 2017. However I left the property in which correspondence is registered/addressed to in 2016. Therefore was none the wiser of how far the situation was going.
    In addition, I am baffled as to how they found my details for this address as my DVLA V5 information has not been registered at this address. The only DVLA information in which they could have seen is where my driving licence was registered. It was registered at Flat 1, however I had applied for the licence to be updated to my new address in March 2017, therefore before the fine was issued.
    I had spoken to a solicitor who has advised they may have got that address from my Experian however, I had only recently applied.

I am happy to pay the proposed fine of £271 and the cost of submitting an N244 - however would like the CCJ set aside

Does anybody feel I have a strong case? Please may somebody review my consent order... Open for any suggestions/alterations!
    Thank you!

IN THE NORTHAMPTON COUNTY COURT Claim No. XXXXXXX

BETWEEN:
    XXXXXXXX Claimant
    – and –
    XXXXXXXX Defendant

Before an Officer to the Court

UPON the Claimant and the Defendant having agreed the terms of this order;
    AND UPON reading the defendant’s application dated 19/02/2021;
    AND UPON the Defendant having paid the claim in full;
    It is ordered by consent that:
    1. The judgment dated 13/07/2018 be set aside.
    2. The Defendant shall file and serve its Defence by 4pm on 25/02/2021.
    3. The Defendant shall settle the claim to the sum of £271.49 within 14 days of the date of the court sealing the order.
    4. The claim be dismissed; and
    5. The Claimant has permission to file and serve a reply if so required.

Signed: …………………….
    Date: …………………….
    Tags: None

Stick to your original thread rather than trying to confuse the issue with another.

Comment

I would like someone to review the consent order and by posting in this forum i thought it might get more eyes

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X