• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice on Debt Owned By Hoist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on Debt Owned By Hoist

Hello

I am looking for just a little advice regarding a debt now owned by Hoist which was originally a Barclaycard debt ( £1,250 )

My last payment according to my credit report was November 2015 and the business went under with debts left right and centre so it was just ignored which i know is not the right thing but it was a drop in the ocean compared to others but all have been sorted and stopped from escalating and now this year it looks like everything will fall from my credit report and life will be on track again in that respect but this debt is still outstanding i have never made contact or admitted the debt. On my report it went to Hoist and was updated on the report in December 2018 which i assume was when Barclay closed the account and Hoist took over it unless they have messed the dates up as the 6 years should of started on my last missed payment not when hoist updated on my report.

I had the usual Robinson way letters and emails over the past 4 years every couple of months but today had an email from Hoist. It was just a normal get in touch to setup a plan or we can maybe offer a discount and make payments with you towards the debt. After reading around i see that is because the Robinson way brand is now gone so i assume its the same as previously but with Hoists logo.

The only thing i fear is as it stands the debt might fall from my report in December but i would hate for something to happen and i have something marked on my report for another 6 years so i am torn between making contact to offer a F&F settlement / payment plan or just watch the letterbox as the last thing i want is a ccj being recorded but assume i would have prior warning to this getting to that point.

Curious as to what others if in the same situation would do at this point ?

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by Disk3473; 2nd February 2021, 20:41:PM.
    Tags: None

While you wait for someone more knowledgeable than me ... remember making a F&F offer or proposing a repayment plan will restart the SB clock.

Who (apart from you) has yet mentioned a CCJ?

Comment

Yes i did think that would restart the clock which is why i am torn with trying to just settle it or seeing what happens. No one has mentioned a CCJ but the last thing i want is to acquire one from this debt unknowingly

Comment

Originally posted by Disk3473 View Post
        Yes i did think that would restart the clock which is why i am torn with trying to just settle it or seeing what happens. No one has mentioned a CCJ but the last thing i want is to acquire one from this debt unknowingly
        Again, until someone more knowledgeable than me answers:
        Their tactics are to panic you into doing something (maybe irreversible - like restarting the clock). Don't let them panic you: you are nowhere near a CCJ yet - there is a process they have to go through.

I would begin by sending them a CCA request (sections 77-79) which will cost you £1. Until they fulfil your request they must not start legal action. If you are lucky (and many are) they won't have your agrement.

The trick is to go one step at a time, nice and slowly to let the clock run. Their talk of a CCJ is, at present, just scaremongering and trying to force you into doing something that may be against your best course of action.

Comment

Thank you

Today i have a generic letter from hoist asking to set up a payment plan so they have not threatened a ccj yet but as i believe the 6 years will be up in December i am still unsure if to see what happens or take some sort of action as i just cannot see them letting the clock run out

Comment

Did you send the CCA request?

Comment

No i have not made any contact with them

Comment

I'm in the same boat so watching this thread very closely,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X