• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CIVIL CLAIM AGAINST NEIGHBOUR FOR HARASSMENT & RESTRAINING ORDER - PLEASE HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIVIL CLAIM AGAINST NEIGHBOUR FOR HARASSMENT & RESTRAINING ORDER - PLEASE HELP

Removed post
    Last edited by Starrynight; 30th January 2021, 14:12:PM.
    Tags: None

Why not buy a cheap CCTV system to gain evidence about their actions

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      Removed
      Last edited by Starrynight; 30th January 2021, 14:13:PM.

Comment

How does that help when our children are being frightened and sworn at and the Police will not do anything because they are incompetent and useless??

Comment

Originally posted by Starrynight View Post

ALREADY DONE - don't you think we've taken such simple steps ??? I have spent over £1,000 on a CCTV system but if the person is disguised or has a hoodie on and can not be clearly recognised it is no use.
          NOT HELPFUL
          Don't have a go at me, I can't mind read. From those responses I would say that you are not innocent in the confrontations.

Comment

Don't have a go at me, I can't mind read. From those responses I would say that you are not innocent in the confrontations.
            REMOVED
            Last edited by Starrynight; 30th January 2021, 14:13:PM.

Comment

Which post in this thread mentions CCTV before I did? I am judging on your abusive response to a simple suggestion that was attempting to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Starrynight View Post

ALREADY DONE - don't you think we've taken such simple steps ??? I have spent over £1,000 on a CCTV system but if the person is disguised or has a hoodie on and can not be clearly recognised it is no use.
                NOT HELPFUL
                Really not a good way to garner help from the forum members who give up their time for free.

CCTV was and is a good suggestion. which we now know you have fitted. Is the resolution high enough ? as a lot are only 720P and a HD or 4K may be better to identify culprits.
                Do the cameras cover sufficient area?

Comment

Which post in this thread mentions CCTV before I did? I am judging on your abusive response to a simple suggestion that was attempting to help.
                  REMOVED
                  Last edited by Starrynight; 30th January 2021, 14:14:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulajayne View Post

Really not a good way to garner help from the forum members who give up their time for free.

CCTV was and is a good suggestion. which we now know you have fitted. Is the resolution high enough ? as a lot are only 720P and a HD or 4K may be better to identify culprits.
                    Do the cameras cover sufficient area?
                    We all have cameras, but it is NOT only the damage to the property that we are most concerned about. The property can be repaired, at cost. It is the anguish and distress that they are causing to us and our children that is the most worrying.

Comment

OK then, advice:
                      Reports made to the police are privileged so you cannot pursue a civil claim for those.
                      It is up to the police whether or not they take action for wasting police time.

Regarding the social media posts, forget about pursuing claims for defamation.
                      Very expensive just to lodge a claim and even more expense when they defend it.
                      More chance of a conviction if you take a private prosecution for offences under the Malicious Communications Act 1988, but not an action taken lightly

You say one member has been found guilty of harassment...the victim can in county court claim damages following that conviction and obtain an injunction against the perpetrator,

As other members of the family are involved you could possibly obtain an injunction under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. ordering them individually to cease

To take action because of acts of criminal damage, you need to identify the perpetrator, and prove their responsibility for the damage

Viewing the likelihood of their eviction and the delay there will be in any court action you propose, plus the additional stress of court action, I would suggest you await the outcome of the eviction proceedings.

PS If you do go to court, try not to lose your temper with the judge who may ask what you consider to be damn foolish questions

Comment

OK so my tuppence worth - do not pin your hopes on the eviction as the process may fail. There has been a stay on evictions due to covid for quite some time and the family may give the court a sob story to be able to stay. Given that they may not leave, posting letters through their doors may inflame the situation somewhat. Listen to Des8. Perhaps complain in writing to the Chief Constable giving concrete examples of the way in which you feel let down. As for the chance of getting money out of them - I do not think this is likely - they probably have little to pay even if you won (and as Des8 says that may be a big if). You are going through an awful time - it must be terrible to have bad neighbours - but you need to be calm and level headed.

Comment

REMOVED
                          Last edited by Starrynight; 30th January 2021, 14:14:PM.

Comment

REMOVED
                            Last edited by Starrynight; 30th January 2021, 14:15:PM. Reason: No help given and concerned about privacy

Comment

They do sound awful but a) benefits (payment at £5 a week max if you are lucky should you win a civil case) and b) I admire your faith in the phrase mandatory eviciton. I hope you are right!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X