• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON** General Form of Judgement or Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

efpom Yes that’s him the same person!! Oh wow!

So were does this leave me then? I send them that email they will not be able to provide me with the warrant of control obviously but they want to settle out of court so do I just let it go to the set aside hearing in March then?

Comment

Originally posted by LittleElf View Post
      efpom

I send them that email they will not be able to provide me with the warrant of control
      I don't understand this?

Comment

Await an offer of settlement from the defendant, if any.

Comment

ploddertom They should be able to
          provide a warranty of authority claims arise in circumstances where a solicitor is alleged to have incorrectly represented that he has authority to act on behalf of a particular client and induces a third party to act in a manner in which he would not have acted had the representation not been made.

sorry I put control instead of authority

Comment

For me one of the mistakes you made was to forewarn them of a visit by an HCEO - in practice they have to send them a letter anyway. I certainly wouldn't use the company you mentioned there are much better ones.

Comment

ploddertom ahhh really? Okay thanks for that I wont do. To be honest I want it all over its been a year of stress that had made me ill.

Comment

Hindsight is a wonderful thing & yes I agree that if you know nothing at the outset it is always going to be a struggle. At least you are slowly getting there - just don't let them grind you down. Remember you have the CCJ against them and it is up to them to try and overturn it.

Comment

This is the response I have received after my email reply to them.

I have tried multiple times to enter into mediation with the Defendants and their legal agents and the legal agents didn’t even bother to respond.

I don’t understand this correspondence saying they hope I would enter into meditation as some form of settlement. They all of a sudden want to enter into mediation.

Also, could anyone explain what they mean by entering into settlement is a separate issue to the ongoing litigation?
                  Attached Files

Comment

efpom any idea what this means? That it is separate to the ongoing litigation? They keep stating about an offer but have not give me any figure

Comment

If I was in your shoes, I would make no reply to the document your received .- post #68. You have no obligation to do so and you now know that the 'agent' is not a solicitor firm and is not any form of lay representative of your opponent - a litigant in person.

I do suggest you post up the order of the court that scheduled the hearing of 23rd March.

Comment

efpom
                        Attached Files

Comment

I am just trying to prepare for this set aside hearing on Friday as the Defendant has not come forward with any offer of settlement.

Do I state at the hearing that the Defendant has tried to offer me an out of Court settlement? Also within their application they did not satisfy the 3 points of the CPR 39.3 (c) has a reasonable prospect pf success at trial. The Defendant has not states this within their application.

Comment

efpom Could you please advise on the above? Im worried a bit about tomorrow. This will be the 3rd hearing I’ve had to take time off work for

Comment

As no settlement was offered, there is no point in mentioning it.
                              You should draw the court's attention to 39.3(5).
                              Do not forget to make an application for your costs i.e. preparation @£19.00 per hour, say 5 hours + lost wages, of applicable.

Good luck!

Comment

@epfom I will make an application for my costs. Should I not mention that the Defendants agents have tried to attempt mediation/asked to settle ahead of the Court hearing that not look like they have asked to, but didn't do so, so essentially wasting time again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X