• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON** General Form of Judgement or Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

efpom it looks like I'm too late. They have filed their application today. I checked with the court they have received my response and she said yes but the Judge might have already dealt with it. I asked if she could print off my response and take it up, she said she would but, the Judge might have already dealt with it.

What will happen if the Judge agrees to it without seeing my response? Will I then not get a chance to put my point across?

Also, they have sent the application to the email address which the court told me was an old one and is not stated on the Order but the Court have received their application today!

Comment

I suggest you await the sealed Order - I cannot speculate on whether the judge has seen your writing, but you got that in today as per the court's invitation to do so today. If the Order is not yet sealed the judge can take your writing into account.

Comment

efpom tThe stay of execution has been granted and there is a set aside hearing for the 23rd March.

They asked for it to be dealt with, without a hearing but it isn’t. What does this mean now?

Comment

Post up the Order of the court, when that is to hand.

Comment

efpom will do

Comment

You may find the attached of some assistance as a guide, if you intend to make representations to the court.
              Attached Files

Comment

efpom I filed a statement and my evidence of their intimidation of my witness opposing the set aside Judgement and the hearing has been listed for the 26th March 2021.

All along I have been communicating with a legal company who have always stated that they act as agents for the Defendant but in fact the Defendant is actually a litigant in person.

Last night I have received this from this legal agent.

Comment

Is the legal 'agent' a firm registered?
                  https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/register/

Comment

efpom No it doesn’t look like it. I cannot find them at all. They are called Legal Solutions 4U

Comment

This company are purely an "advisory" company to motor dealerships and have no legal standing at all.

Comment

ploddertom They have always stated within their previous correspondence that they are the Defendants agents and the Defendant is a litigant in person however, in the email I received yesterday they state they have recently been instructed and all correspondence is to go to them.

They are asking me to enter into an Out of Court Settlement as we have another hearing in March (set aside hearing) for a second Judgement they are asking to be set aside. They did ask for it without a hearing but as I sent a statement and evidence in opposing it, the Judge has listed it for a hearing.

Comment

I suggest you write something along the lines of:
                          I refer you to the CPR and the duty on you and on me to attempt settlement. I also note that your correspondence makes no offer of settlement.
                          I note that you purport to represent the defendant in legal proceedings. I also note that you are not regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. I also note that you hold yourself out as the agent of the defendant. Please supply me with a copy of warrant of authority to act for the defendant in this matter.
                          Until I am satisfied that you have any legitimate authority to act for the defendant in this litigation, I am not prepared to deal with you. I refer you to the Solicitors Act 1974 at 20.

Comment

efpom Thank you. I have corresponded with them in the past with regards to sending my Statements etc because they said they were acting agents and to correspond through them does that matter?

Comment

https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/news/fr...053994.article
                              Malcolm Graham And Stephanie Chalk t/a Legalsolutions4u whose registered trading address is Unit 33 Kingsway House, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0HW.

Same Fellow?

Comment

It does not matter - your post 58 refers.

You believed, and were entitled to believe the 'legal advisors' acted for the defendant - so service on them is service on the defendant.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X