• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON** General Form of Judgement or Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

efpom I have spoken to the Court. Number 1 is incorrect,
    an accidental error, they are sending me out an amended Order First Class. Judgement has been awarded in my favour not the entire claim is struck out.

Comment

efpom Can you help me a little bit further? I contacted the Court and I have received an amended order pursuant to the Slip Rule 40.12.

However, the Court informed me that whilst the Defendant hasn’t made an application they have written to the court stating they wish to challenge evidence and want another hearing, even though they did not attend the last one. Im not sure if I just go ahead and instruct HCEO’s.

Comment

Post up the amended order.

The court does not have jurisdiction to convene a re-hearing when it has made a final Order. If the defendant wishes to take matters further his only option is to launch an appeal. See my post 16 on your other thread.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...is-week-advice

Comment

efpom Thank you. This is starting to make me poorly now, the year of stress and I’m now not eating or sleeping.

This is the amended Order. Do I still go off the date of the 20th to instruct HCEO’s?

Comment

To answer your question - yes.

You may wish to consider writing a letter of demand to the Defendant immediately requesting payment of the sum on the order, enclosing the Order 1stclass post - free proof of posting. After the time limit has passed i.e. 3rd Feb you can engage A High Court Enforcement Officer.e.g. https://thesheriffsoffice.com/

If I was in your shoes I would contact the police to complain about witness intimation - see other thread

Comment

Should read 8th Feb (not 3rd Feb)

Comment

efpom I think it is the 3rd February thats 14 days from
                the 20th January.

I have wrote a letter of demand to the Defendants and their response was its in the hands of our legal representatives.

I was going to contact the police but thought as it was a civil matter there would be nothing they could do.

Comment

Witness intimidation is not a civil matter - it's a criminal offence.
                  It's the date of the Order that time runs from - not the date of the hearing.
                  post up your letter of demand - post up the reply

Comment

efpom Thank you. I have lodged an incident with the Police. Do I have to let the Defendants representatives know?

Here is my letter and their reply.

Comment

So see how much the High Court Sheriffs will be and dependant on the amount you are claiming is it a worthwhile bet to get in first? It could be forever in the hands of the legals.

Comment

efpom Yes will do. I will contact them

Comment

Under no circumstances should you advise the defendant or his 'legal advisors' that you have made a complaint to the Police!

Comment

efpom No I wont do. Do I need to email the Court with the incident number and let them know or not?

Comment

Let them know what?

Comment

ostell the matter has been reported to the police?

well the police have got back to me and said continue down civil channels....thats its.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X