• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ccj old address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ccj old address

Dear Members

I have found out today that there is a CCJ against me filed 13/01/2021 from my credit report. It was entered against my old address and claimant is Northumberland Water who supplied water. I am staying the facts below In numbered points so it is easier to read.

1. CCJ is for £842 filed 13/01/2021 but old address.

2. The CCJ is for water bill at old address which is a bill for two years.

3. I have moved out from.old address on 08.10.2019 and living in New address since.

4. I don't remember notifying the supplier of moving but normally it is done by the rental agency as new tenant moved in next day. It was a mistake from my side.

5. So I am only liable for 8 months of water bill as I was a teanat of old address from 4/02/2019 to 08/10/2019.

6. I have not received any letters from court or claimant.

7. I am still being charged for the water at my old address and they have taken me to court and judgement was made.

8. I have contacted court to get the N244 form.

9. I have also contacted The claimant and they asked me to send proof of my new address and that I moved out from the old address 08/001/2019. I have since emailed Thier litigation team with my Contract paper of new tenancy starting 08.01.2019. AND ALSO THE BELOW DOCUMENTS.

. EMAIL FROM TENANCY DEPOSIT SCHEME DPS STATING THAT MY OLD TENANCY AGREEMENT
    3. LETTER FROM SSE ELECTRIC DATED 11 0CT0BER 2019 confirming me as a new account holder of my new address

4. MY CONTRACT OF VIRGIN MEDIA STARTING 07/10/2019 for the new address

5. HOUNSLOW COUNCIL TAX ACCOUNT ACTIVITY LETTER CONFIRMING MY LIABILTY START DATE FOR COUNCILT TAX AS 08/10/2019 Also current year bill.

6. LETTER FROM BULB ELECTRICITY PROVIDER DATED 08/10/2019 CONFIRMING MY SWICTH OF PROVIDER TO THEM FOR MY ELECTRICITY.

I was told over the phone once I emailed the documents they will update the records and remove the judgement. They said they will reply within 10 working days.

My question is should I prepare for N244 set aside and my defence? What are the possibilities the claimant will cancel the claim? Should I wait ? Do I need to do anything else?

Any replies greatly appreciated.

Tags: None

If you pay it within 30 days, and it is your debt the CCJ will not be enforced. Pay it and the problem goes away

Comment

Set Aside Application

Comment

It has been sorted. Contacted the claimant and they have updated it and I have to pay them £153 before 13 February the. The judgement will be removed. Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X