• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ issued after being misled by private parking firm - VCS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ issued after being misled by private parking firm - VCS

I received a parking ticket in May which I disputed through VCS appeals portal, I never heard anything back but continued to chase via the call centre as I was receiving further letters from VCS and the fine was increasing with each letter.

When I called I was told to ignore these letters, that my appeal had been received and I would hear back in time however due to covid there was a delay and people were not in the office.

Then in late October I received a court letter and a bailiff letter, in shock I called the company again and was lucky enough to speak with the same advisor from previous who recognised my chasers and requested a manager call back. I then received a call back from a manager in mid November (I had called many times in between these dates chasing the call back) who advised that my original appeal had been declined and that I should have received an email. I explained that no such email had been received however he advised as there had been no bounce back I must have received it and if not that is not VCS issue. I asked why this had not been communicated to me during any of my chaser calls or emails (which had all been ignored) and why I had been advised to ignore the further letters received and he said they are not obliged to respond or confirm further once the decline email has been sent?? He advised on the call that my case was now with a 3rd party and a ccj in place. After a lengthy and emotional call he agreed to pull the case from the 3rd party (elms legal) reduce the fine to £185 and in his words “bring the matter to a close” which I presumed included the CCJ being set aside. He then emailed me a letter confirming this which gave me till the end of November to pay via bank transfer which I did and I presumed that was the end of the horrendous episode.

However it had been brought to my attention this week by a potential employer that a ccj has been placed on my record, I thought this was an error on VCS part and called to ask that this be corrected however the man I spoke to advised that the manager I originally spoke with who agreed to “bring the matter to a close” was refering to the fine and not the ccj, I expressed my shock and upset and the fact I felt misled but the man was uninterested. As I was given till the end of the month to pay the fine by VCS, I was then 5 days over the date the ccj was issued therefore it has not been removed.

I am beyond shocked upset and confused as I am not aware of the court process etc, I called VCS on the back of the court letter I received and demanded a manager call back in order to resolve the issue once and for all however I feel like I was misled.

The only way I feel I can have this set aside is by contacting cvs again, asking them to agree the fine was paid 5 days after the ccj month date due to a misunderstanding however it was paid within the time frame given by cvs, I will also honour the set aside fee

CCJ DATE 21/10/20
    CVS MANAGER CONTACT DATE - 10/11/20
    CVS AGREED PAYMENT DATE - by 30/11/20
    PAID 26/11/20

Any thoughts as I really really need this removing from my record ASAP

So so sorry it is so long winded

i hope someone can help me
    Tags: None

ostell

Comment

I can't really comment on the parking side of this as I haven't had sight of the NTK etc. but it does seem that a set-aside action should started as they would appear to have used an incorrect address.

Comment

ostell sorry is this relating to me?

Comment

ostell MIKE770 hi guys are either of you able to assist in any way? Thank you

Comment

Did you read post #3?

Comment

ostell Hi yes but the address used was correct as all letters were received but I was told to ignore. In regards to the email that I did not receive, VCS claim that they sent it to the correct address and as a bounce back was not received they hold no responsibility even though I called numerous times chasing the appeal?

Comment

Being told to ignore was incorrect advice. WHere is the Notice to Keeper?

But if you have ignored court papers then there is no good reason for a set aside.

Comment

All paper work has now been destroyed as I presumed the claim had been dealt with. I called VCS on the back of receiving the court papers, that was when they agreed a lesser amount and closure of the matter?

Comment

ostell All paper work has now been destroyed as I presumed the claim had been dealt with. I called VCS on the back of receiving the court papers, that was when they agreed a lesser amount and closure of the matter?

Comment

So you did not respond to the court documents?

Comment

ostell no I called VCS to resolve, I thought this would prevent the CCJ or court case but I have now found out this was not the case

Comment

That's not what I asked: did you respond to the court? Why respond to VCS when the court were writing to you and expecting a response?

So, again, you ignored the court and this is not good for a setaside

Comment

ostell no I did not respond to the court

Comment

ostell do I not have a chance having this set aside?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X