• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

URGENT: Lowell Solicitors CapitalOne CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT: Lowell Solicitors CapitalOne CCJ

Hi Guys,

I have denied debt from Lowell / CapitalOne and have to defend CCJ. Deadline to submit my defence is by Today 8th of Dec 2020 by 4PM.

I just wanted to make sure my defence is solid.

CCR and CPR requests were sent but not received details as requested regarding credit contract etc.

I received a letter from Lowell solicitors along with what seems to be a fraudulent letter supposedly from CapitalOne which is not even on letter headed paper. (attached)

What do the experts make of it and how should I approach my defense?

Thanks

Tony
    Last edited by Tony 86015; 17th December 2020, 20:09:PM.
    Tags: None

that is allowable in same envelope and accepted as bulk buy has taken place for many companies so need to concentrate on the case!

Comment

is what you mean you state you denied any debt unless specified? what other action/ paperwork have you completed? xample Defence
      id you request document listed on claim form? and entered in defence date and any response from lowells? very vague posting??

Comment

Thanks Mike for your prompt response.
        The only paperwork completed so far is the CPR and CCA.
        So far I have denied any knowledge of owning this debt. I'm assuming they will have to prove otherwise?
        Is it now a simple case of filing defence using guided template?
        So far they have filed to provide proof of Agreement.
        Last edited by Tony 86015; 17th December 2020, 20:12:PM.

Comment

What does the claim actually say? Its difficutly to plead a defence when you dont know what the claim says.
          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Hi please see attached CCJ claim. Thanks guys. T

Comment

Originally posted by Tony 86015 View Post
              Hi please see attached CCJ claim. Thanks guys. T
              Claim form fails to plead a default notice was served. In my view that is fatal to their claim.

The claim is for breach of contract, to rely on breach and demand repayment of the full balance the creditor must serve a default notice under s87 CCA, and must plead it too. They are in difficulty there
              I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post

Claim form fails to plead a default notice was served. In my view that is fatal to their claim.

The claim is for breach of contract, to rely on breach and demand repayment of the full balance the creditor must serve a default notice under s87 CCA, and must plead it too. They are in difficulty there
                Thanks for your valuable input. So they have a weak case. I have never received or seen a default notice. Should I mention this in my defense?

Comment

do not remind them at this stage???

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                    do not remind them at this stage???
                    Doesn't Doyle v PRA group suggest that its a point that must be pleaded?

Comment

Hi Guys,

See my defence below and let me know if sufficient or needs amending especially note 9?. Really appreciate the help and support. Tony.

Last edited by Tony 86015; 17th December 2020, 20:13:PM.

Comment

I have submitted the above to court but omitted "A copy of a supposed notice of Assignment has been included but does not appear to be genuine as not on company headed paper and has never been seen before by the Defendant and is therefore rejected."
                        Thanks everyone for your help.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to update you on this. I received confirmation from the courts regarding my filled defence. (See Capture doc)
                          I also received letters from Lowell (See capture2 , 3, 4 doc).

I assume I do not take any further action?

Thanks in advance for help.

Tony
                          Last edited by Tony 86015; 17th December 2020, 20:10:PM.

Comment

Personally i think it was a mistake to deny having dealings with Capital One (unless it is true) because if they can prove you did- by for example providing a signed agreement, it might bring into question your honesty and you will have a higher mountain to climb.

I know Mike said not to mention no DN, I always thought you needed to put in your defence the material facts you would be relying on - and as PT says, if you use PRA v Doyle you are using the Default Notice as a material defence.

Comment

Always a mistake to deny. you have recollection of business with xxx xxx DN it has been stated in the past is or can be further down the line thus reducing their time to find?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X