• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Orders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Orders

Hi,

Hope someone can help.

I (the claimant) received the courts orders (and so did the defendants solicitors), which seemed to contain some 'errors' re who should do what.

As a result the defendants solicitors wrote to the court to advise them of these concerns, and subsequently assumed the court would make the changes he suggested.

The dates for those actions have now past, and the defendant hasn't carried out those directions on the basis that he assumes the court will make the corrections he suggested but as yet nothing has been received, and it is now over a week since these action date passed.

I understand the 'slip rule' maybe used to allow the court to update the order (typographical errors), but one of my main concerns is that the court order made no provision for witness statements. The defendant objected to this as well, and again as a result has left the witness statement he is relying on, in the courts bundle, despite the court not making provision for any witness statements. Am I correct that the slip rule cannot fundamentally change the original court order?

Also given that even if the court did update the order re dates set, it would appear that the defendant has still missed deadlines which were valid on the day they should have been adhered to, and given he has defied the court by including documents in his bundle that are not part of the court order, am I at liberty to submit an N244 and request that the defence and counter claim is struck out. The defendants solicitors have already found to have breached CPR rules concerning email service, and now this.

Given he is legally trained I would expect him to know better.

PS, also the bundle he has submitted is a shambles, no page numbering, no section dividers, missing documents etc etc
    Tags: None

I have only just read your post, do you have an update?

Comment

Hello. Yes I won my case against Complete Wallworks Ltd but he has refused to pay the money owed, so I am pursuing using all available means open to me.

Comment

I'm not surprised they have not paid you anything the company is worth £35

COMPLETE WALLWORKS LTD
        5 BOX WALK BOX WALK, PARTINGTON, MANCHESTER, M31 4LR

ACTIVE
        • Cash: £57
        • Net Worth: £35
        • Assets: £290
        • Liabilities: £255

Comment

he will be paying, or a charging order will be requested again his property. He provided a personal guarantee against company debts so he has no where to go

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X