• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moved house landlord. No help threatening legal fees and interest on rent arrears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moved house landlord. No help threatening legal fees and interest on rent arrears

Hello I moved house on the 22/09/2020

my prev landlord has now been sending me and my mum threatening letters. And now giving me today’s date 24/11/2020 to pay over £3000 by the end of the week (27th nov 2020) is he allowed to do that.
    Tags: None

I can send anyone the correspondence he’s been sending me of that helps. I feel he’s trying to bully me

Comment

If there's arrears then he is entitled to ask for them. And yes he can take it to court, though can't normally claim legal fees but can claim interest

Comment

Suggest you post up the correspondence you received and any written reply - suitably redacted.

Comment

I am struggling to upload any corresponds email. How can I send it to you guys to help me out. He’s bullying me. As im a single mother of 3 kids. And with historic domestic violence. I feel my landlord is bullying me x

Comment

I cannot upload. Any help and I will forward emails he’s bein threateningly with x

Comment

I cannot upload. Any help and I will forward emails to anyone that can help me. he’s bein threateningly with x

Comment

How to upload:

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...-and-documents

Comment

You state that your former landlord, in addition to writing to you, has also written to your mother. Was your mother a guarantor for your rental payments?

Comment

Yes she was

Comment

1. Did you owe the LL unpaid rent
                      2. Was there a deposit paid
                      3. Was the deposit put in a scheme
                      4. Did you move out by agreement or just leave?

Comment

Could you give some details of how you feel you are being bullied?

Comment

The landlord can, of course, take your mother to court for the unpaid rent. At the moment he is just writing letters. Perhaps come to some agreement with him.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X