• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Warrent of Control - Urgent Advice Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrent of Control - Urgent Advice Please

Hi,

My husband received a warrant of control in the post yesterday from the court. The claimant is Lowell Portfolio Ltd.

We only recently found he had 2 CCJS when applying for a mortgage and we were advised at the time to leave them and hope that after 6 years nothing happens, as we couldn't afford to repay them. The total of the warrant received yesterday matches that of one CCJ in an online search we did and is for approx £800.

The CCJs were both issued in 2017 and we have never received correspondence about them other than the letter that arrived yesterday.

My husband thinks that both ccjs could possibly be related to his ex wife as she stopped paying rent on their property after he moved out in 2016. He spoke to her about this yesterday and she said that she had been chased for the rent by the landlord and did she did repay a small amount. She also got a grant from the council to help repay this which was apparently paid directly to the landlord. The landlord apparently stopped chasing her for the money so we wondered if he decided to ask my husband for it instead.

The second CCJ is for 10K and we think this may be for the non-payment of rent as well, (or perhaps the first one is for something different). Obviously this CCJ is extremely concerning as we cannot afford to pay it.

Please can you advise where to start with this? Having checked the forum I think my husband needs to phone the court to ask what the warrant relates to and to tell them that he's never had notification of this.

My concern also is that the letter received yesterday says that if we don't pay a bailiff will visit us. Will completing form N244 and sending this to the court stop this happening until the issue is resolved somehow?

Thanks
    Tags: None

He needs to find out when the Judgment was issued, who to and for how much? He should also ask what address (inc postcode) all paperwork was sent to.
    As for the Warrant of Control - has this come from the County Court Bailiff? If so has he made contact with them yet?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X