• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim, Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
    Thats brilliant news Sparkie, hopefully you will receive a letter from Lowell shortly to confirm.
    The default notice will be a different matter, you need to strongly pursue this with 3 firstly, because if they entered the data in error on your credit file, that is a significant GDPR issue. They will not remove it without absolute clarification that the account was unconnected to you. A persistent email communication battle with 3's Customer Service/Complaints/Legal Team awaits now. Once that is achieved, it will be Lowell who will have to update the credit reference agencies as they now own the account....but only 3 will be able to untangle the muddle behind this. Essentially you are going to have to communicate with both of them to get rid of the default notice. Keep us posted and let us know if you need any help with letters to 3/Lowell.
    Thank you Celestine and guys for your replies

A default was never registered by 3 telecom only by lowell sometime in 2018 and they have recently updated it to include charges for their court action,which never went ahead...will this revert to the initial £161 they wer after?

three have never answered my recent enquiries as to where this has come from, they just say account is no longer with them, my agreement clearly states start and end date, and they did contact me shortly after the end date as i have found notes on the back of a letter they sent( as i cancelled DD ) to say there was an outstanding amount £21 as noted in lowell correspondence and that too was paid also, at same time i confirmed i didnt need a new data product, i suppose as they had sold me an ipad wrapped with data its their way of circumventing CCA rules, today i believe they have to sell devices under CCA,
    I have today posted '3' another SAR request and await their response if the reply comes back with number invalid again i will persue them to remove all credit file entries,

THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR ADVICE
    i will keep posting to update any events
    Sparkie

Comment

Originally posted by Autosec View Post

Just to get my head around this and I am not qualified in any way I am assuming this is the same as a mobile phone contract of 24 months and if you don't give notice it is automatically renewed on a rolling contract basis until you cancel usually by way of upgrade giving you a new contract or moving to another service provider or just completely cancelling. This may also depend on the contact having a sim which you may or may not have used after the end of 24 months which would mean three telecom would have every right to continue billing you until you cancelled.
      As I said this is only my opinion as I may end up with same issue regarding my granddaughters iPad. And apologies if I have said anything out of turn as it looks like you have won anyway.
      Im not too sure, i know my agreement was fixed term and have paperwork which states start and end date, an initial £119 followed by 24 x £29 with end date dec 2015, No mention on agreement that it would roll on but i know they hide things away hoping we never read, at end i cancelled DD with bank and shortly after '3' contacted me to say there was £21 outstanding and they could reinstate DD if i wanted a data plan, but i cancelled, the £21 was paid, so i suppose it could auto renew but wouldnt have thought for £29 as Ipad was paid for

Comment

Today i registered and logged on to Lowell site (not sure if that was wise) to see if the three account was on there.....and to my surprise is was showing as £0.00 balance and Closed.
        Happy Days....Hopefully this is the end of it as far as debt chasers are concerned
        Still persuing 'Three' though to get more light as many others might be affected by errors
        T.B.C,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X