• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim . Lowell .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what was sent with the claim form :Sorry I cant reduce size
    Would you kindly explain how I present the defence and what to include ?
    I apologise asking this of you but feel overwhelmed by this , and just need to get it completed !
    Many thanks for your time .

Comment

Tried to copy and paste the particulars of claim but hasn’t worked !
      The agreement was started on 29/02/04
      Agreement terminated as I didn’t pay the charges and interest and
      assigned to claimant on 20 /12 /2012

Any help in filling out defence appreciated .

Many thanks

Comment

Having checked old paperwork it looks like the debt was initially sent to Moorcroft from JD Williams around June 2011.
        The amount due at that time was £1055( Having risen from the initial £80 ) .
        It looks like I was trying to pay around £58 a month and defaulted .
        It must have then been sold to Lowell !

When writing the defence how much detail do I go into ?
        Do I just quote the act of 7 . Statue barred ?
        Do i quote S14 ?

Im so confused on how to do this and it my mum is getting worse daily so desperately need to get this sent .

Although I heard from the Lowell solicitor I havent heard back from Lowell yet ( over 7 days ) .
        Do include this in defence ?

Should I send Statue Barred letter to Lowell ?

I would be so grateful if anyone could help me write this defence letter , but I appreciatte how busy everyone is and you have already helped so much .
        I just feel so stupid with this !

If anyone can help ! i would happily send a donation to their given charity. I dont have much but I would be so grateful .

Many thanks for reading .
        Christina

Comment

Example Defence

Comment

Tomorrow is the last day fo submit my defence .
            Having so much going on with doctors and mum , its hard to focus well . Plus when my mum passes , I will become homeless as such as we share the rent since i gave up work to look after her .
            Anyway my problem , but a lot going on making it hard to gst my head completely around this !
            So any help on writing the defence vsry much appreciatted !

So Lowell havent responded to the CPR request sent on 15th September .

Looking at the defence example :

Do I lay this out as shown ?

As there are limited lines on the defence do I need to put in all rhe details of claim number , claimants name and defendants name as the have this already ?

Do I copy out 1, 2 and 3 , 4

7 as statue barred ?
            10 ?
            11( did receive letter from soclitor )
            12 ?

Do I need 16 to 18 ( sorry Im so confused )

Shall I mention in 14OA consumer credit act ?

Where and do I mention all the charges and interest ?

Will i have enough space to write all this ?

Sorry to seem so stupid !

Comment

Mediation tomorrow :
              However I never received the original credit agreement from Lowell !
              The item bought from JD williams was for around £80!( have never seen the original amount )
              The amount I owe is over £1000 due to interest and charges , and the original payment was back in 2004 .
              Looks like the debt was originally was given to Moorcroft and had already reached £1000 and i defaulted on the payments when I was trying to pay back over £30'a month !
              It was passed to Lowell in December 2012 after payments of £88 paid but by then overv£1000 owed .
              Looks like I then ceased comunication until this September when court order served .
              I sent defence and now mediation tomorrow .
              I just dont know how to move forward and if I dont do mediation what will happen !
              Surely statutory barred due to the legnth of time ?
              Advise appreciatted !

Comment

Today, 15:37:PM
                Mediation tomorrow :
                The item bought from JD williams was for around £80!( have never seen the original amount )
                The amount I owe is over £1000 due to interest and charges , and the original payment was back in 2004 .
                Looks like the debt was originally was given to Moorcroft and had already reached £1000 and i defaulted on the payments when I was trying to pay back over £30'a month !
                It was passed to Lowell in December 2012 after payments of £88 paid but by then overv£1000 owed .
                Looks like I then ceased comunication until this September when court order served .
                I just dont know how to move forward and if I dont do mediation what will happen !
                Advise appreciatted !

Comment

Today, 15:37:PM
                  Mediation tomorrow :
                  Advise appreciatted !

Comment

Hang on let’s confirm these timescales. Defaulted in 2012 or 2004??
                    Court claim 2012? If so a court claim issued ‘freezes’ the Limitation Clock so never becomes time barred but would need courts permission to resurrect (and good reason such as new documents?)
                    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

The agreement with JD Williams was taken out in 2004 .
                      I don’t know when I defaulted as I haven’t been sent the original documentation but Lowell says the agreement was terminated and assigned to them 20/12/ 12_.
                      However I also have documents from Moorcroft who had the debt during 2011. I’m not sure what happened prior to that , but I didn’t maintain the approx £30 per month payments with Moorcroft!
                      so the original debt rose from £80:at the beginning to over £1000.
                      Apparently I have paid £88.
                      Is it worth going through mediation ?

Comment

you are expected to go through mediation regardless, but answer the question above??

Comment

Moorcroft did never own the alledged debt only hopeful commission collectors by the way!

Comment

very confusing? has this been through court 2012 ans stayed, no movement till now?? and were you informed that lowells applied to lift stay??

Comment

No . Lowell took over in 2012, but nothing through courts until now in september this year . Have not heard from them until just before September .

Comment

put up what the courts sent you then we can see what has happened? (but no name account number showing)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X