• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ on my credit file - correspondence sent to the wrong address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ on my credit file - correspondence sent to the wrong address

Celestine I had a big shock this morning when I checked on ‘Check My File’ and saw that a CCJ has been on my file since March 2020. I check Experian and Equifax regularly and my credit report has always been more than perfect so I didn’t expect anything adverse at all let alone a CCJ. Turns out that it was Drydensfairfax acting on behalf of Arrow Global and they claim to have sent me letters re monies I owe to Arrow Global. I would have defended this claim but it turns out also that these claims were sent to the wrong address – hence I had no knowledge of their correspondence whatsoever and I have been denied the right to defend the CCJ. I spoke to the court and they’ve sent me an n244 form to complete. Please could you advise on how to proceed – I just want to make sure I get it right and also to get the judgement set aside and removed from my credit file. Please help – many thanks.
    Tags: None

Hi Danny

Welcome

Here is a link to the set aside guide. https://legalbeagles.info/library/ho...-judgment-ccj/

"Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
      Hi Danny

Welcome

Here is a link to the set aside guide. https://legalbeagles.info/library/ho...-judgment-ccj/
      Thank you very much for the link Celestine. Much appreciated

Comment

Just had my Judgement set a side from 2017 for the same reason. The form bit was straightforward. The people in here great to help and guide you. It took around 3mths. Would have been sooner if the first judge didnt forget to set aside my judgement on the first hearing.

Good Luck

Comment

sarahjones20 thank you for your post and congrats for getting your judgment set aside. Great to know you had a similar case to mine - it gives me hope! I have just completed the n244 form. Did you have to include a witness statement and what sort of detail did you add on it please? Also, did you request a copy of your credit agreement from the Claimant?
          What are the next steps for you to follow after your judgement has been set aside; any tips there please?
          Pardon me for my numerous questions – hope you don’t mind

Comment

I read online timing is key. As soon as I seen it on my credit file I filled in the court form. I just basically put down I want to apply to have this set aside as it was sent to the wrong address. Any money that I owe send me the bills to my current address.

i didnt send a witness statement or anything else. My goal was to set aside the judgement and deal with the financials later.

The judge ordered the claimant to send in all the financial paperwork within X days. The judge asked for copy of agreement. Assignment agreement. All details are in my post. They failed to do this. The claimant admitted the address was wrong.

The case got struck out and judgement set aside.

Im assuming its over for me as the judge struck out their claim. Im happy to pay it anyway. I just wasnt happy about the judgement as it knocked about 100 points off my credit score and straightaway i noticed a difference. Now I can confidently apply for a mortgage and get a good deal.

Comment

You may need to put more specific information omitting personal details here in the post. That will allow the professionals to advise better.

Good Luck with it. Theres certainly hope as my case proves.

I honestly thought representing myself ive blown it. But only just today morning Judge ordered for it to be set aside.

Comment

sarahjones20 Thank you very much. I shall keep you posted on my progress

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X