• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter Before Action Guidance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter Before Action Guidance

Hello Guys, I have posted this is another thread I have been running on the forum, getting assistance on an issue I have been having with a wedding supplier contract. Said contract was frustrated due to Covid-19.

I thought I would also post my Letter Before Action here in the Court Claim thread as it looks like where we are headed now, in an attempt to try and gather as much critique / guidance on it before I send off to their solicitor. I want to make sure I get this right.

Having never previously drafted a Letter Before Action, I am unsure if the format is correct. Also, issue around who to address the letter to, with not being a Ltd company and their solicitor stating it should be addressed to her. I believe the letter should have a subject title. I have used "Re: Frustrated Contract due to Covid-19" again not sure whether that would be correct wording.

Any help would be hugely appreciated - then fingers crossed we can get the outcome we are looking for, which would release funds to engage a new caterer.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

This is the third thread you have created about basically the same matter.Â* Suggest you add your request to the original thread so that people can easily see what preceeded it without having to bounce backwards and forwards

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      This is the third thread you have created about basically the same matter.Â* Suggest you add your request to the original thread so that people can easily see what preceeded it without having to bounce backwards and forwards
      When I posted in the letter before action thread I realised this was the wrong area, then wasn't sure how to remove a post.

Wasn't sure if there was anyway to link my original thread to the court claim section - I just thought I might get more specific advice now in the court claim section, as this is where we seem to be heading.

Comment

Is there anyone who can please give me some feedback / guidance on my Letter Before Claim? Having never been involved in legal dispute previously, any knowledge or experience that can be offered will be a huge help.

I have also attached the link to my original thread, as a little bit of background - however, I have tried to include as much objective factual information as I can into the Letter Before Action. It is just the Letter Before Action and then possibly the court steps I will need guidance from here, I think the advice around frustrated contracts etc has already been covered.

Many thanks.
        Hello Guys, I am new to the forum, we are having a real issue with a business. Possibly made a little worse with emotion, as this should be for our upcoming

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X