• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with setting aside a CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with setting aside a CCJ

Hi guys. I'm completely new here, and I need some advice.

On the 23rd of March, I logged into my Experian account to check my credit score. I do this every month, and up until then, I had a near perfect score. I found that my score had dropped by around 350 points, which was shocking, as I have never missed a credit payment and I did not owe any large amounts of money. Then I checked my ClearScore account, which also showed a drop. ClearScore showed me that I had a CCJ against me, that was dated for the 27th of January 2020. The only information it provided was the case reference, amount owed, associated address and court name. I hadn't received any letters, phone calls, emails, or anything about this, and I only found out about it through ClearScore. I hadn't lived at the listed address for about 6 or 7 years.

The following day, I called listed court and gave them the case reference number. They told me that the CCJ was for water bills at the listed address, and that I supposedly owed them £2,300 for unpaid water bills for the period of 01/04/2016 to 18/09/2019. My family moved out of this address in 2013 when I was 15 years old. So it's impossible that this debt could be mine. I contacted the water provider and explained my case. I received a letter from them saying that they understood that I was not responsible for the property after 2013, and they asked me to send some supporting documents that showed proof of where I was living. I sent the documents the following day.

Since then, I haven't heard anything back from them. I have called a few times asking for updates, but they haven't had anything to tell me. I understand that the lockdown must be making things move slowly.

Unfortunately, my parents do not have the documents for the address that the CCJ is registered to. However, I do have proof that I was living elsewhere during the stated bill period.

Should I start the "set aside" process now? Or do I need to wait to hear back from the water provider? If so, what evidence do I need to submit?

Thanks

-Dan
    Tags: None

SAME HAPPENED TO ME SO I PHONED WATER BOARD SENT DOCUMENTS I WAS LIVING AT A DIFFERENT ADDRESS IN FORM OF TAX BILL AND TENANCY AGREEMENT I ALSO WROTE IN EMAIL I WOULD LIKE CONFIRMATION YOU RECEIVED THE EMAIL I HAVE SENT YOU I RECEIVED THIS BACK TODAY Dear Mr XXXXXXXXX

Our ref: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your contact received on 16 May 2020 regarding the water account in your name.

We have received your email and attachments and are reviewing the information you have provided. I will send you an update tomorrow regarding this account and what action we have taken.

I trust the information provided will be of assistance to you.

Yours sincerely
    XXXXXXXX
    Customer Advisor

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X