• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fined for parking in my own apartment block

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fined for parking in my own apartment block

I'd appreciate if anyone could help with this issue.*

For context:
    In July 2019, I moved into an apartment with a private carpark.* This carpark has allocated numbered parking spaces for each flat and the cost of parking one car is included in my rent.* My signed tenancy agreement also has a line that states '1 Allocated Parking Space' as part of my allowance.

The estate agent provided me with a parking permit for me to display on my dashboard whilst parking, which I placed in my car.* However, whilst I was away on vacation for about 2 weeks duration, the permit fell down from my dashboard and I returned home to find FOUR identical parking tickets, each £65.* I disputed this immediately with evidence of my tenancy agreement stating that I am allocated a parking space but this was rejected.*

I continued to receive multiple letters chasing the debt, and continued to email back with the same evidence with no luck.* I have now been sent a 'Letter before Claim' and I am unsure as to how strong my argument is.* The total amount due has now increased to £656.* I believe that this is completely unjust and I should not have to pay such a fine for parking in my own allocated parking space for which I already pay monthly for.*

I'd appreciate any advice on this issue.
    Tags: None

See if you can get a copy of your landlords lease that defines the parking space.* The landlord will probably be more than happy to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Christoker
      You can safely file a lawsuit. The penalty is too much money. I think that you are not obligated to pay such a penalty. It's just illegal.
      NO bad advice.

Get a copy of your lease and see what it says or not says about parking.

Comment

This was a thread from Februart which seems to have died

Comment

What would you file a lawsuit for? It's not a penalty, it's an invoice

Comment

Looks like someone has logged in with a different name. Doesn't seem to know that this is not a PENALTY.

Bad advice again.

Comment

But what do you expect ostell from someone who hails from New Jersey. USA

Not who you think

Comment

You can safely file a lawsuit. The penalty is too much money. I think that you are not obligated to pay such a penalty. It's just illegal.

Comment

Must be a relative of Trump. Must be empty between the ears, has not taken in that he has been told it not a penalty

Comment

The goons from the US of A are determined to spoil things for everyone, much like their current president. Lots of incorrect information.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X