• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent advice needed: Court letter SCS / Parking / only just found

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent advice needed: Court letter SCS / Parking / only just found

Hi everyone

I would greatly appreciate your urgent help and advice with this series of parking tickets from SCS on behalf of UK Parking Control
    I shared a rented flat in a large building with a gated parking lot in July 2018. At the time, there were no parking restrictions and only the blue sign below saying “parking for residents and residents’ visitors only”. Later on, UKPC were brought in after a tenant complained to the letting agency about her spot being occupied “all the time”. My flatmate got a badge from the letting agency by they (the agency) would not issue me my own badge saying it was 1 badge per flat only.
    I ignored the windscreen tickets because of outdated advice I got.
    In July 2018, I moved to another flat in the same building and did not realise I had received all these letters until earlier today by pure chance. I had updated my details with the DVLA but the letter kept coming to my old address
    I have done some research in a few forums and newbie threads but feel overwhelmed by all the info and out of depth!
    My questions are:
    1. Can I still fight this so late on?
    2. Do I need a lawyer due to the tight timeframe? Would that change things?
    3. Would the judge consider that I changed address to give me more time to fight this?
    4. By my calculations, I must reply by this Monday the 3rd, Is that accurate or is it 14 working days?
    I really appreciate any advice you can give as I have no legal background

Many thanks
    KarenOffice

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/8225/zfMN2g.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img923/6711/JBaZ1K.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img924/1039/DTD2Fb.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img924/3386/9W6GpJ.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img921/2357/cbC6zg.jpg
    Last edited by KarenOffice; 31st January 2020, 22:56:PM.
    Tags: None

So let's see one of the NTKs, suitably redacted but leave dates

Were these acter you had a flat of your own, hence lease showing you were entitled to park?

Comment

Hi

I never received a NTK but I wonder if it’s because I moved flats

Both flats were rentals
      should I talk to the letting agency and get them to stop this?

Thanks

Comment

You can talk to the letting agents and while you are their ask for a copy of the lease concerning parking

Comment

Hi

I found my lease and it mentions access to communal drives but no mention of permits or UKPC. I've contacted the letting agency and they referred me to the MA by email.

This a draft of the email I want to send to them. Any feedback? Is this considered as acknowledging the tickets?

Dear

I am writing with respect to parking tickets that i and my relatives received whilst I was a tenant at xxxxxx. My tenancy agreement does not outline any contractual requirements to have and display a permit and i never received a permit either throughout the duration of my tenancy (xx/xx/xx to xx/xx/xx). There is no information that specifies this in my contract other then the right to access and use communal areas including drives which includes the parking area. I was not obliged to have or display a permit during my tenancy as per my contract.

There is also a sign saying parking is for 'Residents and Residents visitors only' clearly displayed at the car park entrance gate. There are no spaces specified for visitors in the car park? How could my visitors at the time receive tickets for something that was my entitled right as outlined in my tenancy contract which also extends to my visitors?

Going forward my expectations include instruction from xxxxx estates for UKPC to remove the parking tickets (see below for car reg numbers and associated ticket references) and cease of any further correspondence from UKPC or establishments employed by UKPC on behalf of xxxxx estates.

I consider any further correspondence from UKPC or establishments employed by UKPC on behalf of xxxx estates as harassment and I will pursue legal action against all parties involved. Please consider this email as notice given. Please acknowledge receipt of this email.

Regards

Thanks again
          KarenOffice
          Last edited by KarenOffice; 4th February 2020, 22:00:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X