• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Complaint against solicitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complaint against solicitor

Hi
    Not sure if this is in the correct section?
    I have an issue with communication received from a solicitor and their client. They are trying to state something to me that is untrue.

They both received information some years from the land registry that categorically state facts regarding ownership of land.

They are now claiming something else and threatening me with trespass, court action etc but they both explicitly know they are in the wrong doing this?
    Do I have a case to complain by their trying to claim something under false pretences, deception or misrepresentation of facts?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks
    Tags: None

That is what solicitors do; believe their clients and pressurise the opposition
    To whom would you complain ?
    Without knowing more, detailed response is difficult but* briefly one would respond disputing their assertions and tell them you will vigorously defend any court action

Comment

Thanks Des. I am complaining to the firm about the conduct of one of their fee earners.*

They and their client categorically knew the truth about land ownership but still threatened and argued the opposite?*

I appreciate with grey areas and no proof both sides argue, but in my case there is explicit proof to the contrary? Surely this cannot be right?*

Comment

No point complaining to them ... they follow the instructions of their client.

Even if one side knows they are on to a losing wicket, they will continue to argue (even to inside the court room) in the hope the other side will come to a settlement. This could be to avoid the stress, or to avoid incurring unrecoverable costs or some other reason.

Litigation is not necessarily straightforward!

Comment

Des, I have sent you a message, I trust this is ok.*

Comment

Responded, but better really to keep it on open forum

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X