• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye Hallmark Hotel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye Hallmark Hotel

I have received a court summons for not paying a parking fee. I have entered a stay of Execution which runs out in the next few days. They sent the summons to an empty property that I own, They said they used a credit reference agency to obtain this address which is not my home address nor the address the vehicle is registered to.I have revisited the site and retraced the tracks and took photographs and videos of the way the vehicle entered the property. It clearly shows there was no signs regarding parking a tariff, there are some small signs with small lettering in the main carpark which were,nt seen until it exited the Carpark. I,m not sure if it makes any difference but the driver was not parking, he was dropping guests of the Hotel off that were staying overnight. the driver picked them back up the following day and used the same route in.Â*
    Last edited by yorkie246; 4th December 2019, 16:13:PM.
    Tags: None

Have you triggered a "double dip", ie they got your first entrance and paired it with the last exit, losing the first exit and second entrance ?

Have you contacted the hotel to complain?

Comment

No the times are on the summons, I did contact the hotel but they aren’t interested. I’m going to have a go at a defence tomorrow and hope i can cram as much as I can in from the defences I have looked up. It is a sad case tho when businesses can’t work together to look after the customers interests to make it a more pleasant experience for everyone. There’s always one company that want to financially benefit regardless of the interests of others.

Comment

So did you get 2 Notice to Keepers?* It would help to post them up suitably redacted.*

Was your* address at the time on the V5 ?* *I'm working towards no NTK therefore no keeper liability.*

Edit your first post so that the identity of the driver can't be inferred.* Use "the driver ......" etc.

Comment

I hav,nt received a notice to keeper. They sent a letter..

Comment

So can you answer some of the questions.

Comment

I notice you say you contacted the hotel but they refused to help. If that is the case then I would suggest you let everyone know on their social media pages etc.

Comment

The letter and the court summons were addressed to the empty property not to the address on the V5 which is my home address. I think there might have been a breakthrough with the Hotel, I phoned again today and asked to speak to the Manager, I was told that they are going to contact PE and get it quashed. I’ll keep you posted and see if it happens. Last day of Stay Is this Friday.

Comment

So email to DVLA and find out when/if your details were requested.* What is the date on the V5, is it before the dates claimed?

If they didn't get the details from the DVLA and didn't send a NTK to the correct address then they can't claim from you, the keeper

Edit your posts so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred.

Comment

The claim is still there on the court log in I use, I wonder if this is a tactic used to get judgment because I have,nt entered a defence? I better get typing just in case..

Comment

If you don't enter a defence then they will apply for a default judgement against you.

Comment

I have entered a defence based on the signs and no Notice to keeper*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X