• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

further steps notice ...help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• further steps notice ...help

Hello, just writing for some advice.

My partner received a letter from the Greater Manchester Accounts and Enforcement team.

This was a complete shock as we did not know about this at all. We have never been to court . we have never known about a court appearance , and did not know what the hell this is all about . I rang the number today quoted the number and asked the lady what it was for

She said "she could not tell me more than it was related to inadequate insurance for our vehicle dating November 2018 "

I told them that I had been living in Wales for 4 years & they suggested I spoke to my local council for advice.

I rang my local council & they said that it was very strange to receive this as it is the DVLA who deal with vehicle related fines. They also said that we could provide them with our council tax bills as proof, as the fine was dated 2018 it would not be relevant as we weren't living in Manchester.

THIS IS ALL THE FIRST I KNOW ABOUT IT ???? Any suggestions rather annoyed Fiona
    Tags: None

A FSN relates to a Magistrates Court Fine so that also means a criminal record against your partner. When you queried it did you ask at what Court the original Hearing was made & fine issued, did you also ask to which address all documentation was sent to? It is your partner that will need to chase this and he can make a Statutory Declaration basically saying he knew nothing about it, if accepted the fine will be "written off" and a new summons may be issued. He has 21 days from becoming aware of this to get it sorted.

As a warning if ignored then it may be passed to Bailiffs to enforce and the Warrant contains the power to force entry.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X