• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lowell chasing debt but is it statue barred??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowell chasing debt but is it statue barred??

Hi all.

background is that I lived in a council property from August 2011 until July 2013. I ended up getting in debt with my electric and gas with EON so had prepayment metres fitted. I moved to my new private rented property and ended my council house tenancy on 1st July 2013 and new council tenants on my previous property moved in 4 weeks later. I moved energy provider to british gas to pay by bill when I moved into my new property.

So fast forward Lowells have now been writing to me for a few months regarding this debt but on the paper work they state I owe £1700 to EON for my tenancy on my previous property from August 2011 til October 2013 (I did not even live at this property from the July). The last payment I would of made on my pay as you go metres would of been the last week of June 2013. They offered me a 75% discount but I just couldn't afford to pay it so ignored the letters. Now its approaching October I think they will be applying to court soon for a CCJ which they have just done with a previous debt I had (which I have paid off in full within the 28 days to remove the ccj).

My question is given the dates, which I can prove through the council and my now landlord, should this debt be statue barred?

I have earlier on today sent a statute barred template email to them but also gone onto my account with them that I had to register for to set up a payment plan for 5 pound a week to try and avoid any court action being taken? Have I don't the wrong thing? what should I do?
    Tags: None

please anyone?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X