• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Assistance with balifs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assistance with balifs

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 9 June 2019
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?:
    Total Amount Claimed : approximately 1700
    Claimant’s Name: Local Authority
    Solicitors Firm: not known
    Original Creditor: Local Authority
    Original Debt alleaged council tax.
    Particulars of Claim: Local authoruty sent council tax bills whilst I was away from the property only vising in frequently with no time to process bills. Previously my father paid council tax. He moved to a nursing home. I was outside the UK except returning to the houst to visit him.

I did not receive the court summons. I have written to the court and their legal team have advised that they are willing to list my application to have the default judgement set asside. But I have to pay a fee.
    I am in the process of writting to the council to set out that I am not liable as I was not in the property and also I am a full time students too. Have received a letter from Debit collection company saying they will use balifs.

List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ):
    Any Other Information or Background Details:
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X