• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Howard Cohen court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howard Cohen court claim

Good morning I wonder if someone could help.

This morning I received a letter for Howard Cohen saying

We write further to the correspondence you received from hoist finance confirming they are legal owners of the above account.

Our claiment has instructed us to send this letter for information purposes.

Our client instructed Blake Morgan Solicitors to submit a application to the court to substitute the claiment details from HPH2 to HFUKH2L

This order has now been granted by the court ,Accordingly please find the court order confirming the position
    we request that you continue to deal with out clients agent Robinson Way limited.

In respect of this account. If you are not already in contact with them you can contact them on 0330****** to discuss the options available to you.

It says the debt is for £600 from a capital one credit card. This is the first I have heard of it and there is nothing on my credit score with either Noodle or Experian to my knowledge I have never had a capital one credit card but I can not be 100% sure I was a acaholic many years ago untill about 10 years ago when I came round in hospital after being in a hectic coma die to liver failure and had lost large parts of my memory things have slowly come back over the years at first I never even knew my own family so remembering if I ever had a credit card is a bit of a stretch

All of this has left me disabled and with many heath problems one being anxiety so as you can imagine having this court order this morning has sent me into a spin. What should I do

Many Thanks

Bluey

Tags: None

Originally posted by Bliey0121 View Post
    Good morning I wonder if someone could help.

This morning I received a letter for Howard Cohen saying

We write further to the correspondence you received from hoist finance confirming they are legal owners of the above account.

Our claiment has instructed us to send this letter for information purposes.

Our client instructed Blake Morgan Solicitors to submit a application to the court to substitute the claiment details from HPH2 to HFUKH2L

This order has now been granted by the court ,Accordingly please find the court order confirming the position
    we request that you continue to deal with out clients agent Robinson Way limited.

In respect of this account. If you are not already in contact with them you can contact them on 0330****** to discuss the options available to you.

It says the debt is for £600 from a capital one credit card. This is the first I have heard of it and there is nothing on my credit score with either Noodle or Experian to my knowledge I have never had a capital one credit card but I can not be 100% sure I was a acaholic many years ago untill about 10 years ago when I came round in hospital after being in a hectic coma die to liver failure and had lost large parts of my memory things have slowly come back over the years at first I never even knew my own family so remembering if I ever had a credit card is a bit of a stretch

All of this has left me disabled and with many heath problems one being anxiety so as you can imagine having this court order this morning has sent me into a spin. What should I do

Many Thanks

Bluey
    Ok so the Court order they sent probably is one from the High Court? If so it is in effect a procedural order that just confirms they are the legal owners blah blah, its nothing to worry about if that is what it is.

I would suggest the best option would be to reply to them setting out your difficulties, they have a duty to act fairly, they may due to your vulnerability agree to write off any debt.

The peeps on here will help you with the letter, if you want to draft something up removing your personal details obviously then we can all give some input
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X