• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Set aside advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ Set aside advice

I'd truly appreciate if anyone can tell me what to do

I discovered a CCJ against me last Friday upon a background check with my new job offer.

The amount was £2200 at Oct 2017 - from the council on the service charge of the property I purchased the year before. The property was tenanted and it was managed by an agent. I wasn't aware that the service charge notice would only come through by post, also I believed that the tenant would have pass all the correspondence to the agent therefore to me. But unfortunately I haven't received anything regarding the matter. The relationship with my tenant also went bad as I was trying to get the property back for my own family, we ended up in dispute and I believed that's part the reason why I've never got letters from her.
    I received an email in Nov 2017, from the council's solicitor demanding the service charge - there was nothing about the CCJ but still, I paid rightaway, just that it was actually 3 days after the one month deadline. I also contacted the council rightaway to make sure they would sent all correspondence from then on to a valid address. I still wasn't aware that I had a CCJ from all these contacts.

I only found out that I have a CCJ and my job offer was withdrawn due to this "dishonesty" ; I was very upset and disappointed and the only thing I want to do now is to take my name off the registry so that it won't affect any of my future job search.

The status of the CCJ is satisfied but I was just wondering how I can get this set aside - I understand that this might not be easy but I just want to set the record straight as I think this is just totally unfair.

Thankyou for all your help in advance.
    Tags: None

You can have it set aside but the depends on two things:- (i) which court the judgment was obtained in; and (ii) whether the Claimant will agree. Let me know and I can nudge you the right way.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X