• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Threatened with CCJ from Transportation Claims Ltd.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threatened with CCJ from Transportation Claims Ltd.

Hi there,

Let me expand on how this has come about.

About 18 months ago I started as a trainee bus driver with First bus, I was rushed through the whole driver training and successfully got my license, here the problems began, as soon as I got the licence I was forced on to duty before I was confident & competent enough. I raised my concerns to my manager about how I was suffering from anxiety and have been doing for several years prior and could not face going on duty straight away, I needed more time to learn the routes (40+) and the workings of all the different buses I would have to drive (I'd only every driven 1 bus prior to this) I was completely overwhelmed and out of my depths.

There was no support from my manager, she basically told me to like it or lump it.

The anxiety got so bad that I was physically being sick throughout the days with worry, I got ill and ultimately this lead to a mental breakdown and I informed the company that because of their lack of training and support I would have to surrender my position for health reasons.

Several weeks later I received a letter stating that I owe £750 for the training I received. I disputed this claim because it was the lack of training what ultimately escalated my anxiety and cost me my job. Despite me pleading for further assistance and support.

Anyway, that was that and I heard nothing since, I moved house several months later and just the other day the landlord from my old house posted me a letter to my new house, it was from Transportation Claims Ltd acting on behalf of First, threatening me with a CCJ unless I pay this balance within 14 days.

I am still unemployed, I am now a student, I have to claim out of work benefits and have been awarded PIP for the anxiety and depression which I am still being treated for.

I really don't want a CCJ but neither can I afford to repay at the moment either, I can barely survive as it is without a wage, I also feel that I was forced out of that position, I pleaded for support and was rejected. I didn't want to leave the job but I was faced with no choice.

Can anyone offer some advice on how to proceed? I wanted to ignore it as I am no longer at that address and I could say I haven't received any mail, but this won't help in court and the stress and worry is increasing my anxieties even further.

I am struggling to keep my head above the water as it is. I can barely keep a roof over my families head and food in their bellies. My benefits seems to be going down every month yet my living costs are rising and bills are slapping me from every direction and the icing on the cake is a £160 fine from the NHS for claiming a free prescription even with an exemption card, anyway, I digress.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    ​​​​
    Tags: None

Just for starters can you post up the letter you have received from Transportation Claims Ltd/ (remove any identifying details)

Presumably your employment contract with First National contained clauses regarding claw back of training costs.
    Could you post those up as well?

Comment

I also received a letter from Transportation Claims Ltd who want nearly £3000 from me.I came to First Group with my theory parts of my license and signed a training bond for £1000 only.I have no idea why they are asking for so much.I'm going to call them today and see what their justification for this is.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X