• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ltd company - Active Proposal to Strike Off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ltd company - Active Proposal to Strike Off

I am due in court in 10 days and I have just noticed the company that I am claiming money from has applied to be struck off. Am I wasting my time/money or is there something I can do, am I right in thinking that I should legally have been informed of this?

Many Thanks
    Tags: None

You can object to the striking off
    https://www.gov.uk/object-to-a-limit...ing-struck-off

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Thank you, I have done just that. I'm starting to assume that I will get nothing out of this other than the satisfaction of causing him grief! Am I correct in thinking that his only option is liquidation if I object?

Thanks again

Comment

Is the company insolvent?

Comment

Is the company insolvent?
          No, they have applied for voluntary strike out. I don't think they have a lot financially though.

Comment

Unlikely they would liquidate, which could be costly and involves the possibility of the directors becoming personally liable and means they are struck off which you oppose

Comment

Unlikely they would liquidate, which could be costly and involves the possibility of the directors becoming personally liable and means they are struck off which you oppose
              The company is a one man band so just one director. I can only assume he was hoping I wouldn't find out, so much grief over £1500!

Comment

You don't think the company has " a lot financially"
                Does it have sufficient to pay a judgement?
                If he is a bit dodgy do you think you'll be able to cause him grief?
                If he's broke, and couldn't care less he could just ignore your claim and let you get a default judgement which just adds you to his list of unpaid creditors!
                No grief to him, but costs to you!

Comment

You don't think the company has " a lot financially"
                  Does it have sufficient to pay a judgement?
                  If he is a bit dodgy do you think you'll be able to cause him grief?
                  If he's broke, and couldn't care less he could just ignore your claim and let you get a default judgement which just adds you to his list of unpaid creditors!
                  No grief to him, but costs to you!
                  Hi DES8, the company, I have just realised, are still trading on Ebay (even though they shouldn't have traded for 3 months prior to a voluntary strike out application). They have several thousand pounds worth of stock for sale so I may be wrong. Obviously I have no idea about any other creditors involved.

Comment

so go for it!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X