• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moneyclaims.service - Responding to a Defence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moneyclaims.service - Responding to a Defence

I issued a claim through the newer moneyclaims.service.gov.uk and have received a full defence. I now log in and it states that I can ''request a County Court Judgement as there has been no response by the deadline'' even though I have received an email from them stating the defendant has filed their defence and it is attached to the the email, albeit on the last day I believe of the allocated time allowed. Is this a glitch in the website?

Secondly, can someone please help as to the next step as I am not sure if I have to offer anything in response to the defence. I have attached the defence below - as you can see, my claim is against someone who hit my car and then denied doing so. I have a witness who saw the individual damage my vehicle and reported it to me. I went through the process of trying to claim on their insurance, but all liability was denied, as per below also.

I am doing this in person, where as they have a solicitor provided for them via the insurance company.

My questions are these - please help, I need your help if possible!

1 - Do I have to reply to the counter-schedule (or any reply as such) as suggested within 14 days with photos/documents etc, or can I just complete the required n180 by the required date?

2 - Is it best to reply to the defence below, and if so, what do I reply with? Does anyone have a sample draft that I could use that would help? Is it best not to reply to it?

3 - What is the best course of action from here on?

Many thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Defence.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	1446780
    Tags: None

Here is my claim and the defence... redacted. Can I please ask for help on the 3 questions above... many thanks.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi, can anyone please advise me about the 'counter schedule'... do I have to reply to it, or can I just submit my N180 without having to be concerned about the 'requirement to provide documentation including photographs' as suggested above?

Comment

On a purely practical basis, this cannot be worth the insurance company's time to defend. There must be more to it than the usual unwillingness to part with money. Consequently, you should definitely send the insurance company all the evidence you have. In particular, the letter from the witness, which is the only evidence you have that this lady caused the damage, despite her protestations to the contrary.

you can understand that the insurance company is quite likely to resist the claim whilst the only evidence they have is from their insured who denies any involvement. Once you have cleared that up, they are unlikely to spend much time arguing about whether the correct repair cost should be slightly less.

Comment

Hi 2222,

thanks for replying.

I have tried via the insurance company, but they just denied liability, even with a letter/statement from the witness to the incident. I was shocked at first that the individual even denied the incident, but she did.

I have a witness to the incident, his statement, photos of the damage, and emails from the individual who hit my car when it all happened stating she wanted to see the photos. After this, she told me to go through the insurance... fishy I know, but she clearly knows what she did.

I hope this is enough evidence to convince the judge/her conscience to clear this up and pay me the damages cost.

In all honesty, the claim is only for £140 which is not a great deal of money. The thing is, I am honest individual who would admit to a mistake if I had made it, and other parties should be doing the same!!

Comment

Just to put this one to bed if anyone reads the case, it ended with the defendant's insurer denying liability but making an offer of full payment. So really, what was the point of arguing it all the way as they did... it must have cost them a pretty penny, certainly a lot more than the final amount paid to me!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X