• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

URGENT HELP NEEDED (Northampton county court business letter claim form)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT HELP NEEDED (Northampton county court business letter claim form)

Hi everyone,

On 5/01/18 I was sent a parking fine (pcn) through post saying I had illegally parked somewhere, I was told to ignore this letter as it is a private firm and illegal, after this I was sent numerous similar letters and then started getting letters from a legal firm threatening bailiffs. Again I was told this was illegal and to ignore, then I have just received a claim form from 'COUNTY COURT BUSINESS CENTRE' I received this after my holiday and only have a couple of days to reply because it has to be paid or replied within 14 days, the fine now is up to £254.91, I don't have that type of money and I am starting to really worry,

WHAT DO I DO??? I REALLY NEED SO HELP PLEASE
    Tags: None

Use the web address and password on the claim form you received to acknowledge the claim online NOW. Do not put anything at all in the defence. The acknowledgement will give you 33 days from the date of issue to get your defence to the court. Do not identify the driver, you are the keeper.

Have you got any of the letters? Who is the parking company? who are the solicitors

If you give some sort of details then it would be possible to create a defence.

Comment

Hi ostell , thanks for your reply, I went online and acknowledged the claim and have dug out all of the previous letters off the various companies.

Afrer the date of the incident I received a letter stating I needed to pay to 'civil enforcement ltd'

Then I received a letter from 'civil enforcement ltd' saying it would be taking appointed court bailiffs to attend my property,

A month later I received a letter from 'zzps' saying they are a professional debt collecting agency (they wanted me to send money using the account number and sort code on the back of the sheet of paper, dodgey I thought)

This is when 'QDR' solicitors sent me numerous letter on behalf of 'zzps and civil enforcement ltd' threatening to take this to county court.

Finally I received a claim form from 'Northampton county court business centre', the claimant being 'civil enforcement ltd', demanding £254.91.

I have acknowledged the claim but no don't have a clue what to do, do I even have a leg to stand on or is this reasonable to defend against?

Thanks very much for your help

Comment

I would suggest you go onto the Pepipoo private parking forums and search for CEL defences. CEL, when presented with a strong defence will discontinue. They are proceeding against you as you have never responded and they will be looking and hoping for a default judgement.

Start a thread on Pepipoo and post up the first PCN you received from CE, suitably redacted so that you can't be identified, but leave dates. Do not identify the driver at the time.

As you have found out ignore is not the correct advice

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X