• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unoaid Nursery Fees....Help Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
    Did you ask about dates all this happened? You need to know the date the Writ was issued, the date the Notice of Enforcement was issued & the date the visit was made.
    I was told a letter was sent 7th sept and visit 22nd sept, don't know about the writ

Comment

They are claiming the following as fees:

Execution Costs - £117-75
      Compliance Fee - £75 + VAT = £90
      1st Stage Enforcement Fee = £190 + VAT = £228
      +
      There may be interest payable from date of Judgment but that can only be a token amount say £6-50 to date @ 22p per day
      If original Judgment is for over £1000 then they are allowed to charge an extra 7.5% +VAT but only for the surplus, lets say £7-50 + 90p = £8-40

I make that just over £450. Considering that a Notice of Enforcement had to be sent which then has to give 7 clear days before any visit may take place I would hazard a guess they may be being economical with the truth over the visit as in reality that can only have been done last week.

Comment

You say your daughter is ill. Is it possible you can elaborate on this please, if you think it too much then please send a message to Amethyst privately as the last thing we want to do is intrude.

Comment

Do they have your current address?

Comment

They are claiming the following as fees:

Execution Costs - £117-75
            Compliance Fee - £75 + VAT = £90
            1st Stage Enforcement Fee = £190 + VAT = £228
            +
            There may be interest payable from date of Judgment but that can only be a token amount say £6-50 to date @ 22p per day
            If original Judgment is for over £1000 then they are allowed to charge an extra 7.5% +VAT but only for the surplus, lets say £7-50 + 90p = £8-40

I make that just over £450. Considering that a Notice of Enforcement had to be sent which then has to give 7 clear days before any visit may take place I would hazard a guess they may be being economical with the truth over the visit as in reality that can only have been done last week.
            The judgement was approx £100 over £1000, I think over all it was about £460 more than I expected to pay.
            He said the visit was on 22nd, that's more than 7 days since the letter was sent, which he said was 7 sept, so how can I know if they are being economical with the truth? Should they have allowed more time to pay before the visit? But I don't know the contents of that letter...

Comment

You say your daughter is ill. Is it possible you can elaborate on this please, if you think it too much then please send a message to Amethyst privately as the last thing we want to do is intrude.
              Mental health, bi polar, anxiety, postnatal depression

Comment

Do they have your current address?
                No she's in emergency accommodation for homelessness
                I haven't given my address either

Comment

With your daughters illnesses would a GP or other health professional back this up? I believe that if so she may be able to claim vulnerability but to do so some proof of same has to be supplied and on top of that I'm assuming she is not capable of dealing with her own affairs which is why you have stepped in. I am trying to angle at getting the 1st Stage Enforcement Fee removed and if it were would you be able to then pay what is outstanding?

Comment

With your daughters illnesses would a GP or other health professional back this up? I believe that if so she may be able to claim vulnerability but to do so some proof of same has to be supplied and on top of that I'm assuming she is not capable of dealing with her own affairs which is why you have stepped in. I am trying to angle at getting the 1st Stage Enforcement Fee removed and if it were would you be able to then pay what is outstanding?
                    Yes, her current GP would confirm her illnesses and previous mental health professionals, she is vulnerable which is why I have stepped in.

My intention today was to pay the outstanding amount which was approx £1250, I don't have anymore, if I had to come up with anymore it would pass the 30 days and she would get the ccj anyway

Comment

I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Comment

I'll get back to you tomorrow.
                        Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X