• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Scs first letter received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scs first letter received

Hi all

Im new here, so im hopping i could get some guidance
    I have receives a letter from SCS Law about Ukcp parking fine
    Neddless to say that we have ignored all letters and my partner must have binned them as i have no idea where and when this happened
    The letter is tittled Re: Debt owed to UK Parking Control Ltd
    and it just states date of parking, reference nm and amount of £140.00 owed
    it doesnt have a location, just-Parked in a roadway
    It says-you have failed to pay the sum above due under above pcn despite several letters from our client
    And at the back it has the usual 14 days payment demand or Ukpc may take steps towards commencing legal proceedings againts me by way of a Letter of Claim
    but it states that this is not a Letter of Claim

As i say i dont even remember where and when this happen so i have no idea of what will happen next?
    Shall i react or shall i ignore this letter?
    I tried to upload pictures but it won't allow me to do so as its larger than could be downloaded.

Thank you in advance

Tags: None

Comment

And who is the letter instructing you to pay? Would it be DRP by any chance? DRP "borrow" the solicitors letter head to frighten people. Does it look like this one

Foolish to ignore and bin as it can get to court. The advice to ignore has not been valid since 2012 when the Protection of Freedoms Act was enacted.

The date was the 25th April last year. It looks as though it could have been for parking in a residential area and the signs possibly saying "No Unauthorised Parking"

If you have no paperwork then you could write to UKPC telling them that there is no paperwork and ask for copies or just ignore and see what happens. The chances of a court claim are low, see here, but the chances are higher as letters have been ignored and they will go for the default judgement.
      Last edited by ostell; 5th July 2018, 08:01:AM.

Comment

Thank you for quick reply
        yes the ketter is exactly like the one on your link
        it says contact DRP directly to clear your balance

Comment

In that case you can ignore as DRP can take no action as they are simply debt collectors. Though I would try to get details of the alleged offence so that it is not a rush if the they do decide court.. Perhaps a SAR to UKPC demanding copies of all the paperwork that they have on file about you? It's free now under GDPR

Comment

Hi any update on this? Im currently in pretty much the exact same position, just got first scs letter before claim.

Comment

Start your own thread so that matters do not get confused. and post up the documents suitably redacted when you do.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X