• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Defendant Filed & Served Defence Late What are my options - Can i get it struck out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defendant Filed & Served Defence Late What are my options - Can i get it struck out?

I'm needing some advice if anyone can be kind enough to help?

I'm currently taking a Local Authority To Court over some matters where they have neglected tHeir duties and I have suffered financial losses as a result (Just under 10 Grand)

The case was allocated to the small claims track despite the defendant pushing for fasttrack on the basis that it was 'complicated'.

The Judge order that I supply further information before 07/06/2018 which I did and also ordered the Local Authority to submit a revised defence within 14 days of the 7th, they did not do this, they filed it after 15 days!

The local authorities solicitor has been tricky throughout and i'm not sure if this is another tactic to try to turn the tables again later, they already managed to get a default judgement set aside earlier by convincing the judge that they did not receive the original claim form! They also attempted to get my claim struck out but the judge did not fall for that one!

Any help or advice will be much appreciated
    Tags: None

to be honest lack of real information as to what this is all about, as much as the amount of info you have made here a toss of a coin response would achieve very little,= more info

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X