• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hmcts - civilian enforcement officers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmcts - civilian enforcement officers

hi all I’m new
    I need some help with HMCTS CIVILAN ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS. I have had a letter posted by enforcement officers, telling me to pay £370 in full to avoid arrest. They can come day or night and they can force entry!
    I don’t Evan know what the outstanding balance is for as it doesn’t say on the letter. I have not contacted the number, as I don’t have the money to to pay in full as I don’t work. I suffer with anxiety I also have 2 children one who as additional needs. I’m bricking it about ringing them, and them saying there coming to arrest me. I have never been in trouble in my life. I have had problems with tv licence and council tax in the past, so not sure if it’s to do with one of them.
    If I ignore it, will they keep coming back? Can they really force entry! Is the threat to arrest, just to scare me?
    PLEASE HELP
    Thank you
    Tags: None

You need to contact them at once delaying may make things worse ,when you know what its about others on here may be able to help.

Comment

Th an you. I will need to wait till after the weekend. So I can arrange child care. As I don’t want to be arrested before the children are due home.
      Thanks again

Comment

Thank you **

Comment

It will more than likely be TV Licence and their threat will be scarier than it sounds. The chances are you still have some outstanding debt due from a TV Licence Fine and you possibly need to re-appear to explain why it has not been paid. It can give an opportunity to pay at a new payment proposal particularly if you are on low income or benefits. 9 times out of 10 you are bailed under your own recognisance to appear on a certain date - howver if you don't then you do risk the threat of being lifted possibly overnight to appear the next morning. HMCTS are having a big purge on old historic fines.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X