• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County court threat over minor car incident

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County court threat over minor car incident

Hi there, I had a minor collision last August I was reversing slowly in a drop off and pick up point and a driver facing the wrong way on the otherside of the road has done a three point turn but pulled round the back of my car so I've then hit her car it was minor damage a small dent I said I think that would be knock for knock and she said no as I hit her, anyway we or I reported it to my insurance a couple of days later then after a couple of weeks they told me it had been put down as a non fault accident so I thought no more of it now I have received a county court Form through the door with date of service 22nd feb 2017 but the date on the sticker at the top of Form says 19 Feb 2018 this is the first I have heard anything about the accident I was under the impression it had been resolved I have never heard of this before accidents I have had in the past my insurance company always dealt with it please can someone help.thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Hi
    The only thing you have to do is forward the form to your insurers immediately.
    Obviously with a covering letter referring to your incident report.
    Take a copy of it for your own records and send it "signed for".
    As there is only a limited time in which to respond to the form keep an eye on it to make sure your insurers deal with it.
    You don't want a CCJ by default!

Is the claim just for the damage to the vehicle, or does it include a personal injury claim?

Comment

Hi there its for damage to vehicle and car hire

Comment

Thanks for the speedy reply and good advice

Comment

You're welcome... just leave it to your insurers .
          That's what you pay your premiums for!

Comment

Yes, in such a case, it is best to let your insurance company handle it. You are paying them for this.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X