• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court letter

Hi allÂ*
    Â*I had a letter from County court business centre this morning saying

Judgement for Claimant (acceptance)

To the DefendantÂ*
    You have made an offer of payment which the claimant has acceptedÂ*
    It is therefore ordered that you must pay the claimant £2960.50 for debt (and interest to date of Judgement and £155 for cost)

I rang the courts to query this as i can not remember even making an offer They Told me that this was from 2011 when i had made this offer (i can not honestly remember if i did or not)

After ringing the company involved (I.N.D. Ltd) They have told me its from an old Credit card dated 1999 and that id made an admission to owing them 1150 in 2011. I can honestly say i have revived no correspondence since then until today, on further investigation the company said due to a clerical error my original admission has not been filed until 30th Jan 2018 So some 7 years later and now i owe them £3115.50 p ( 8% interest and court costs)

This can be right i agreed to pay a monthly payment back in 2011 for £1150,Â* heard nothing from anybody about this until 7 years later when suddenly i owe them over 3000 because of there clerical error in processingÂ* from what id agreed i owed them back in 2011.

The company said nothing they can do the court has made the ruling..Â* I used a interest calculator online and even at 8% from 2011 it dont make up the extra 2000 interest. i used the same calculator to see what the interest would be if it was from 1999 and it came out to there £2960.50 p they say i know owe them. Surely if i offered to pay a set amount back in 2011 and due to there clerical error they have know accepted the offer i shouldt have to pay interest cause of there error not mine
    Tags: None

Did they issue a claim in 2011 which has been dormant ever since "due to a clerical error" but they have now obtained judgment based on your (possible) admission at the time?

Or have you received a claim more recently and they have used a seven year old admission as evidence to obtain a CCJ if you didn't file an Acknowledgment of Service or a Defence?

Have you moved house since 2011?

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X