• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Severn Trent County Court Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn Trent County Court Claim

Hi Good Afternoon, I hope someone can help. I am a 67 year old man, I am currently not working, My only icome at the moment is a small pension of about £150 a month. I have received a county court claim from Severn Trent for unpaid water charges. Particulars of the claim are.
    Defendant Particulars of Claim
    The Claimant is and was at all material times appointed by the Secretary of State, as the water and sewerage undertaker for the area to which this claim relates. The Claimant provided services to the Defendant under its powers as statutory undertaker. Under sections 142 and 143 of the Water Industry Act 1991, the Claimant is empowered to demand and recover charges for its services, in accordance with the Claimant's charges scheme in force from time to time. The sum of£ 1551.08 remains due to the Claimant by the Defendant in respect of the invoice dated 16-FEBRUARY-2017. The Defendant has failed to pay the Claimant at the time required under the Claimant's Scheme of Charges.
    THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS:
    a. the said sum of£ 1551.08,
    b. interest to the date of judgment pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act 1984 at the rate of 8% from 01-APRIL-2017 until judgment or sooner payment,
    and c. costs.

Tags: None

Do you owe that much?
    Have you spoken to them?
    Are they aware of your financial situation?
    How far back does this claim go?

Comment

I dont dispute the amount, Ive just got into a mess with it. I havnt spoken to them and they are not aware of my financial situation. this goes back over the last few years that i havnt paid my water bills at all.

Comment

Not a problem have you seen this on their website https://www.stwater.co.uk/search/?ta...trouble-paying gives a range of services that may help you. If all else fails you need to get someone to speak to them on your behalf & preferably before any Court Hearing - CAB, StepChange, National DebtLine for example.

Comment

Is your income really only £150 per month, or was this a typo for per week?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X