• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

caught shoplifting in primark - age 16

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caught shoplifting in primark - age 16

there was 3 of us in town and me and a mate where caught shoplifting, i took a hat and gloves from primark a couple of weeks ago. the items weren't even for me they was for my friend but i was being severely peer pressured into taking these items for him. i got out of the shop and the a security guard then grabbed me and dragged me all the way back into the shop into a holding room and called the police. the police said that we would be let off seeing as i had no record for doing anything in the past and that i will be charged for this. i then got a letter from the RLP saying that me and my other mate had to pay a fine of £174.39 even though the police said we wouldn't get charged. i am only 16 and i dont have a job to pay off this fine and i dont know what to do, please help?
    Tags: None

Re: caught shoplifting in primark - age 16

Originally posted by kane1303 View Post
    there was 3 of us in town and me and a mate where caught shoplifting, i took a hat and gloves from primark a couple of weeks ago. the items weren't even for me they was for my friend but i was being severely peer pressured into taking these items for him.
    Peer pressure sucks doesn't it? We've got great people on here who know how to help you sort RLP (and this will be sorted ) but only you can deal with the peer pressure thing. My daughter went through a similar phase. She moved on to a different group of so-called 'friends'.

Good luck

Comment

yes it does ahah, and yes im hoping someone can help me with this, thank you.

Comment

First thing is to tell your parents you need their support in this,they may be shocked and angry at first but they will know making silly mistakes is part of growing up.

others on here will offer the help and advice you need in case they try to chase you for this alleged debt

Comment

my parents already know about this because the police rang them up and said that no charges will be made. i have learned from my mistake and my parents have told me to right a letter of defence to the RLP backing up my view and to say that i was severely peered pressured into this and being bullied in a way.

Comment

Hang fire a bit wait for bluebottle and CleverClogs to look in, the truth is that RLP are on very shaky ground with their claims in general, Google the "Oxford Case" as there RLP got kick up the arse by the judge.

If the goods were recovered undamaged and in a saleable conditio0n, then they have no consequential loss to claim, the time they say was expended "investigating" is not a claimable cost as it is regarded as a codt that would have to be paid to have security on site, the fact they did their job matters not as the cost is already in the budget there is no extra to claim for. RLP are as parasitic as a bottom feeding DCA like Moorcrap, or Snotcall, or even MuckHall.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
              Hang fire a bit wait for bluebottle and CleverClogs to look in .
              Hello, calling Clever Clogs where are you :director:

Comment

If the goods were recovered undamaged and in a saleable conditio0n, then they have no consequential loss to claim.
                one of the good the hat was able for re sale as none of the tags where taken off and the hat was £8 but the gloves had the label off and they where only £1

Comment

my parents already know about this because the police rang them up and said that no charges will be made. i have learned from my mistake and my parents have told me to right a letter of defence to the RLP backing up my view and to say that i was severely peered pressured into this and being bullied in a way.
                  Don't.

RLP will take that as an admission of guilt and will use that to bully you incessantly.

There is no reason for you to pay them anything. On the other hand, you may have a valid claim against Primark.

Comment

RLP are as parasitic as a bottom feeding DCA like Moorcrap, or Snotcall, or even MuckHall.
                    Do you mean that they are coprophagic? :grin:

Comment

the gloves had the label off and they where only £1
                      Then that -at the very most - is all the money to which Primark is entitled to claim.

Even then, it includes profit which, strictly speaking, compensatory damages should not do. Compensatory damages are meant to restore the position to how it was before the loss occurred which, in this case, would be the wholesale cost of the gloves plus the cost of the tags affixed thereto.

Comment

Both Primark and RLP are treading on the legal equivalent of a minefield. The Oxford Case was more than a kick up the arse; it was a smack in the mouth and a kick in the head as well for the whole premise on which civil recovery relies for its very existence.

As Clever Clogs has said, you may have a valid case against Primark. I would go further than that and say you may have a valid case against RLP, also.

Under no circumstances engage with these creeps. Let them make further threats and ridiculous statements and then bring the bar down on them hard.
                        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

there was 3 of us in town and me and a mate where caught shoplifting, i took a hat and gloves from primark a couple of weeks ago. the items weren't even for me they was for my friend but i was being severely peer pressured into taking these items for him.
                          Irrelevant other than to shew you still have lamentable taste in retailers and, whilst I would neither condone nor encourage theft, you could be said to have had enough sense not to pay for Primark's overpriced crap. :grin:

i got out of the shop and the a security guard then grabbed me and dragged me all the way back into the shop into a holding room
                          That suggests assault and battery. By what were you grabbed and how were you dragged or frogmarched?

Did the security troll grunt that you were under arrest? When did he say that and what reason did he give?

Please describe the "holding room". Did it have any seats?

and called the police.
                          Just the police? Was an "appropriate adult" summoned to help safeguard your best interests?

For about how long were you detained there before the police arrived?

the police said that we would be let off seeing as i had no record for doing anything in the past and that i will [would not] be charged for this.
                          Very wise, considering your mistreatment by the Primark security troll.

i then got a letter from the RLP saying that me and my other mate had to pay a fine of £174.39 even though the police said we wouldn't get charged.
                          It is not a "fine".

It is a speculative invoice.

Do not pay it, or even offer to pay it at 50p per week.

i dont know what to do, please help?
                          Avoid Primark, for there are better shops that do not sell tat made in Bangladeshi sweat-shops, and do not even attempt to steal anything in future.

Do you have the badge numbers of the police officers who attended? They may be suitable witnesses to how you were detained.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                            Do you mean that they are coprophagic? :grin:
                            Most definitely they feed on and also spout excerement/ Wonder when RLP will try to get takedowns on blogs that hammer their parasitic modus operandi, and outrageould claims to have the aquiesence and support of ACPO?

As it is Kane insist your parents DO NOT phone these semi-legal parasites, as as has beeen said you may well have a claim against Primark

Comment

The security guard grabbed my arm from behind in another shop across the road and I was asking him to let go and was trying to get free, but he wouldnt let go and was trying to tread on my feet so I couldn't escape then literally dragged me into the other shops room where they get there deliverys. And told me he would either call the police there and then or ho back to the shop. So I went back to the shop whilst he still had a firm grip on my arm.

The holding room where the primark security guard took me had seats for all 3 of us and it was a very small room with a security camera and a table in. That's when He said the police where going to be phoned and we was in the holding room without the police for about 45 mins and was with the police for about 45 mins in this room.

The security guard did not say we were under arrest at any point without the police being there and he did give me the reason of why I was being taken back to the store.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X