• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rlp help please :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rlp help please

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    So you reckon that VAT should be paid on their speculative invoices, eh?

I've never heard of RLP ever issuing a VAT invoice...

How long have they been running their racket?
    You can receive a visit from the VAT inspectors if HMRC believe you are liable to register. Don't forget that HMRC have access to the records kept at Companies House and companies' Annual Returns and Accounts.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

An email has been sent to ACPO with a link to this thread. They have been advised of the post where RLP have mentioned ACPO.

Comment

If we bear in mind that ACPO. is actually a For Profit organisation of itself rather than the public perception as a union for Chief police officers "our client adheres to core principles originally agreed with ACPO " could RLP have paid ACPO for some advice?

Whatever if ACPO think RLP are taking the urine or any advice out of context it could be be bad for them

Comment

The ACPO guidelines were agreed with Joshua Bamfield in the original pilot stages, wayyyy before Ms Lambert bought RLP, so the comment they made isn't false in that " core principles originally agreed with ACPO"

The rest of the sentence is a bit misleading though in my opinion.

Guidelines
          Attached Files
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            The ACPO guidelines were agreed with Joshua Bamfield in the original pilot stages, wayyyy before Ms Lambert bought RLP, so the comment they made isn't false in that " core principles originally agreed with ACPO"

The rest of the sentence is a bit misleading though in my opinion.

Guidelines
            Attached Files
            When I contacted ACPO on a previous occasion about a similar statement on the RLP website, the response I got from ACPO was that they would be asking RLP to remove it. I have emailed ACPO, on this occasion, regarding RLP using references to ACPO in their correspondence with the OP.

It has to be acknowledged that any reference to ACPO, as per that quoted to the OP, would have the effect of implying that ACPO, an organisation made up of senior police officers of the rank of Assistant Chief Constable up to and including Commissioner, endorsed or otherwise approved of what RLP were doing. As such, police officers are not permitted - or not supposed - to become involved in promoting or protecting any commercial interests.

Although the principle upon which civil recovery is based, that is, recovering genuine losses, is generally accepted as reasonable, the reality is that this principle has been lost and replaced by what is clearly a drive to boost profits. The admissions of the two security staff, under cross-examination, in the Oxford Case, that the costs of their time and time expended had been exaggerated, is an indication of the lengths to which some will go.

It is my suspicion that, sooner or later, a member of the public is going to give the civil recovery industry the legal hammering it has had coming to it for a long time.

Comment

For ref @ bluebottle. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ntion)-Project (sorry it's in VIP and lots of reading if you're interested)

I am quite amazed that RLP are persisting with the ACPO line in their letters. The present organisation is as far away from the original project set up by Joshua as you can imagine.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

For ref @ bluebottle. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ntion)-Project (sorry it's in VIP and lots of reading if you're interested)

I am quite amazed that RLP are persisting with the ACPO line in their letters. The present organisation is as far away from the original project set up by Joshua as you can imagine.
                Thanks for that, Amethyst. As soon as I hear from the relevant lead within ACPO, I'll post up a summary of their response. As stated above, I have provided them with a link to this thread so they can see for themselves how RLP is using the ACPO name. It will also enable ACPO to see exactly what sort of tactics RLP are using against members of the public.

Comment

I am quite amazed that RLP are persisting with the ACPO line in their letters.
                  Are you?

I'm not - the level of their claims and the way that actual costs seem to be exaggerated are surely reasons enough to doubt their understanding of veracity.

The present organisation is as far away from the original project set up by Joshua as you can imagine.
                  Yes and no. Prof Barmpot first of all stated that the intention was to recover actual costs and expenses incurred as the result of an act of theft rather than using a fixed scale as is done in the American colonies. This was probably because, over here, punitive damages are rarely (if ever) awarded. But then Joshua Barmpot started to suggest that monies claimed could pay for CCTV cameras, walkie-talkies and other equipment for crime prevention - which is plainly and patently nonsense!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X