• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ate the sandwich and did not pay tesco

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ate the sandwich and did not pay tesco

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
    IMHO, has he not suffered enough?

After all, it wasn't just a sarnie, it was a Tesco sarnie!

uuurrrgggg111111111111111111

Comment

Originally posted by andy58 View Post
      Slightly off topic. We shop at Tesco's, and whilst my OH does the shopping I regularly go to the cafe and get a bacon buttie, usually I will pick up a paper or magazine from the rack, and read it whilst in there, on the way out I usually put the read paper back on the rack.

I have noticed that I have been getting the evil eye from security once or twice for doing this, and have been awaiting the hand on the shoulder, I half wish they would stop me.

Wonder how they would go about proving consequential loss in such a situation ?
      Be lucky in the tesco around these parts it is all Costa lot coffee site in there. and in the Hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
        You are not Joking = TESCO Prawn sandwich eaten = 21 days off work for the 1st time in my life with food poisoning, = TESCO SANDWICHES.
        OH bought a pre-cooked chicken.

I subsequently spent a large amount of time 'chatting' to the loo.

OH told Tesco what had occurred; they immediately denied culpability.

However, as a goodwill gesture, they offered................ a replacement chicken.

Oh told them that both they & the chicken could get stuffed!
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

They ALWAYS deny liability. I drink their Bavaria 0% non-alcoholic lager. Not long ago I opened a sealed pack to find it full of mould. I took photos,invited them to my house to come and see it, ALL liability denied. Despite being in my house for all of two hours, the mould was clearly a fast growing one. It took two emails to the CEO to even get them to offer a refund, such was their reluctance to say anything was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
            OH bought a pre-cooked chicken.

I subsequently spent a large amount of time 'chatting' to the loo.

OH told Tesco what had occurred; they immediately denied culpability.

However, as a goodwill gesture, they offered................ a replacement chicken.

Oh told them that both they & the chicken could get stuffed!

Bet she said "Paxo"

Comment

THANKS
              for all the advise. we spoke last night and i suppose the main query he has is
              is there any member out there that has received these letters '1st hand' and can actually confirm what action has happened??
              before he decides to ignore or pay..
              thank u

Comment

ha spoke to my pal he got another letter yesterday usual dribble- you may have been humiliated but its not too late to pay - we can still involve the police pay now and we go away or u go on a register ! FILE UNDER pending?

Comment

File under BS. You could always ask them what register, as maintaining such a register for people who have not been convicted of any offence would be a bit naughty. :beagle:

Comment

Taking account of the time-lapse between the date of the incident and RLP's threats to involve the police, as an ex-copper, I doubt the police would become involved or take it seriously. Also, if RLP or Tesco attempted to litigate the matter and it was properly defended, I cannot see a judge taking kindly to RLP's threats of putting someone's name on a secretive register, nor do I suspect would their demands be looked on favourably. Although RLP believe there is nothing wrong with what they do, the Oxford case showed otherwise and I am of the view that it will only be a matter of time before someone takes action against them and their retail clients.

As advised by Labman, file the letter under BS.
                    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                      File under BS. You could always ask them what register, as maintaining such a register for people who have not been convicted of any offence would be a bit naughty. :beagle:
                      I believe it is more than naughty, Labman. Those who have been caught maintaining similar registers have been convicted under the Data Protection Act and other legislation and ended up on statutory registers.
                      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                        I believe it is more than naughty, Labman. Those who have been caught maintaining similar registers have been convicted under the Data Protection Act and other legislation and ended up on statutory registers.
                        This would be a very useful judgment, as it is a major part of their leverage, is there a link to a decision.
                        Last edited by andy58; 27th September 2013, 14:43:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X