• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from RLP for shop lifting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Letter from RLP for shop lifting

Thank you. Shall I just request from them copies of all evidence that they may have on the case and take it from there?

Comment

I cant but im sure someone on here can help you draft a letter to get the so called evidence

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfairy2013 View Post
        Thank you. Shall I just request from them copies of all evidence that they may have on the case and take it from there?
        They are required, under Civil Procedures Rules, to make available, all evidence they and their client are relying on. How else do they expect you to respond to what they are claiming otherwise? It is very easy for someone to say "You did so-and-so and you now owe me £x.xx," but not provide evidence that you are, in fact, liable to pay £x.xx.

As others have said, unless RLP and their client can prove they have suffered actual and quantifiable loss and can attribute such loss to you, they are treading on unsafe ground, legally.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thank you. How would I draft an email/letter to them requesting all evidence against me?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X